• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeee, excitement! Bunny minding.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
My cousin and his family are going away for a week this Monday, so today they're bringing their two young bunnies here so I can look after them. :love: I know very little about them other than he thinks they are lops and they're called Ralphy and Rosie.

I've been so, so worried about them since I first heard he had bought a rabbit each for his two daughters. :roll: One is not yet five, one of them isn't yet two -- the daughters, not the rabbits! Typical sort of case where some parent decides to buy their kids a pet for the summer holidays really. I kept ranting about the idiocy of it for days to anyone who would listen -- and silent fuming over the fact I'm not close to my cousin or his family, and so I couldn't exactly waltz around there and try and force any info on them.

I am really, really hoping that Ralphy and Rosie are NOT a male/female pair as the names would suggest... Considering two little girls named them, it's possible that they're both girls or boys, because I'm pretty sure nobody will have bothered to check their actual sex.

They're going to be kept apart from my three outdoor bunnies, because these two are not vaccinated and I don't want them to turn on one another with any referred aggression! Hopefully I can find a hay they really like and sort of slip in all kinds of info on their return... without sounding too 'preachy'. :oops:

My cousin's family has a history of getting bored with pets. They needed to rehome their staffy once and couldn't understand why I wouldn't take her! I keep trying to tell myself that when the kids get bored, or winter sets in and caring for them is getting too difficult, they might end up asking me to take this pair... And then I tell myself off for thinking along those lines! :lol:

I can't wait to meet them!

I wish you luck - I don't envy you. I'd be both nervous and excited at the same time. I hope the rabbits find the place in their hearts as a family which means that they want to care for them as best they can and that it doesn't just become a short term thing.

Back