• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippin got stuck up the chimney . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
I know - its just sounds SO Dickensian :shock::shock:

Pippin (our 4 month old wildie) has moved into what we call the 'reading room (our front living room) which has an open fireplace/chimney . . .

so 2nd night of being allowed to roam free and explore the room and guess what he does???? Takes one look at interesting hole up to the sky and leaps up it:shock::shock:

Wouldn't be a problem were it not that 1930s chimneys have bends in them that result in ledges . . .

15 mins and a LOT of plaster dust and yuk later - one rather dusty and crestfallen Pippin had to be rescued by OH (who also looked rather dusty and slightly bad tempered by the time he had his head and arms stuck up there:lol::lol:)

Reminds me of the jolly night we spent searching the studio for Comfrey and ripping up the decking and floorboards and lino- only to find him at 3am stuck in the commode (where he had been for 12 hours) :roll::roll:

Oh the joy of rabbit owning . . . :love::love:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fantastic!! I'm starting to doubt whether Pippin is actually a rabbit!

Oh my word!! :shock: I am glad he is now out safe!!

(I hope this doesnt turn in to a new favourite game of his!)

That's such a funny story :lol::lol:.

The first thing that came to my mind was an alternative version of the song that went something like this... "When Pippin got stuck up the chimney he began to shout, you mum and dad wouldn't get any peace until you pull me out. My paws are black, there's soot in my ears, my nose is tickly too. When Pippin got stuck up the chimney acho acho acho".

(Very badly sung version of When Santa got stuck up the chimney).

Sorry for the out of tune singing everyone. :oops:

Strawberry did exactly the same thing in our old house! Sat looking at it then disappeared straight up! We thought we were going to have to rip the fire out to get him back!

Strawberry did exactly the same thing in our old house! Sat looking at it then disappeared straight up! We thought we were going to have to rip the fire out to get him back!

Pippin following in the steps of the legend that is Strawberry is not a good omen.

Good luck Parsnipbun. :lol:

Pippin following in the steps of the legend that is Strawberry is not a good omen.

Good luck Parsnipbun. :lol:

Definately not! Although Strawbs is definately much less naughty outside than he was inside!

I think he is mellowing in his old age- he hasn't been on his playhouse roof in months!

It must be a wildie thing because my Freddy Fruitcake got stuck up our chimney too!

Ours is blocked off and has a gas fire in front of it, but they must have left a gap of a few inches unboarded because she managed to squeeze through into the chimney...the little minx! I though she was stuck at first and that we'd need to get the sledgehammers out and knock the wall down, but luckily she came out after a while

I kind of liked my thread title when 'Comfrey got lost in the Commode' . . . but then had to explain to some people what a commode was!

I've been searching and I can't find this thread :( That makes me sad because we all found this thread hilarious and wanted to read about Comfrey. :lol:

That's such a funny story :lol::lol:.

The first thing that came to my mind was an alternative version of the song that went something like this... "When Pippin got stuck up the chimney he began to shout, you mum and dad wouldn't get any peace until you pull me out. My paws are black, there's soot in my ears, my nose is tickly too. When Pippin got stuck up the chimney acho acho acho".

(Very badly sung version of When Santa got stuck up the chimney).

Sorry for the out of tune singing everyone. :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

Glad he was rescued :D

I've been searching and I can't find this thread :( That makes me sad because we all found this thread hilarious and wanted to read about Comfrey. :lol:

I was just going to look for it too as I can't remember it ..... and I'm sure a title like that would have stuck out in my mind. :lol::lol::lol:

It sounds like you have lots of 'fun' at your house, parsnipbun! :shock::lol::lol:

Back