• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am gutted. And annoyed with mr for not understanding...

Pix

Warren Scout
I love buns, always have done.

We agreed once we had a house we'd get buns. We also agreed to get a hutch and a shed and have the buns livin in the hutch in the shed. (they also have a run and can also free range as soon as I finish bunnyproofing.

Anyway. In Feb this year, we were going to buy the bunshed. Then we lost all our fences in the gales and had to pay to fix them - the bunshed fund just disappeared into the fence fund - besides I need fences to keep the buns in!

In the spring we agreed I'd start saving again, but in the meantime we'd get the buns and the hutch and build up to the shed. In June I'd nearly saved up again, but I got such horrible toothache and I had to have a root canal - and again - bunshed fund had to go on teeth.

And so now, we'd finally agreed to go bunshed shopping today. I'd saved up most of the money and its payday next week. We wake up this morning to the most horrific noise. Boiler fan has gone, and so now, again, no bunshed. Bunshed money has had to be diverted to boiler.

But we really can't keep putting it off. It'll be winter before we know it. I just feel like I'm working my socks off, but it's never enough. And perhaps I shouldn't have adopted the buns when we did as I'm worried I'm not able to give them everything they deserve at the moment.

It's made me really down, and ge just doesn't seem to get it!!

Its great you want to improve your rabbits accommodation, but as long as they are happy, they'll be fine until you are ready to get the bunshed.

I don't have a shed and many other owners don't either, so try not to get too stressed by it. :)

just really bad luck.all in the same sort of boat....cheer up!! Youre doing all you can!!xxx

Aw my guess is he doesn't get it as the other things needed doing and the bunshed is a nice to have (bloke logic). To be honest if the worse comes to the worse the buns will be fine in the hutchison and run for a bit longer..not ideal but not the worst thing in the world!

I've never left a bun out in the winter before. When I lived at mum and dad's they used to let me have the greenhouse for the winter and I'd line it with bubblewrap to keep them warm. How do you keep outdoor outdoor buns warm in winter? Plus I worry about them getting enough exercise as the nights draw in and I have to get them in from the run earlier and earlier. I can't have them out during the day in the week because I work!

I've never left a bun out in the winter before. When I lived at mum and dad's they used to let me have the greenhouse for the winter and I'd line it with bubblewrap to keep them warm. How do you keep outdoor outdoor buns warm in winter? Plus I worry about them getting enough exercise as the nights draw in and I have to get them in from the run earlier and earlier. I can't have them out during the day in the week because I work!

My girls are outdoor bunnies all year round in their hutch and run. They coped with even -20C here last year. Layering covers over the front of the hutch keeps them warm during the night, and my run is secure enough that they can be out during daylight hours all year round.

Maybe think about putting the run on concrete (so they can't dig out and predators can't dig in), and getting locks to put on the run lid. You could also ask your neighbours to keep an eye out for them during the day if your neighbours don't work.

Back