• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 New Honeypigs

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Picked up 2 gps today..and they both need vibes
only young males but Maurice is very skinny..his hip bones stick out:cry:

Maurice.jpg

and poor Gavin who has two different looks
side 1..sore patch near leg

Gavin.jpg

and side 2 where you can just see one of the many very sore patches on his leg and one behind his ear... he has them all over his shoulders and back..he went straight to the vet and is on meds and being cared for by Ange

gavina.jpg

Makes one wonder if the son had allergies, or if they didnt want to foot the vet bill.... judgemental? Moi?

Poor piggies :love::love::love:

Gubbins sends Honeypig vibes to the poorly boys too. He's got MORE than enough fat on him to lend some to Maurice :lol:.

Thank you Coco, Gubbins and Edgar for your good wishes, I have passed them on.

How Gavin's condition can have been missed is beyond me, I know some of the sore patches are hidden by his fur but there is a huge patch behind his left ear (where piggies have no fur), added to the fact that he squeals in pain every time he tries to scratch himself. He is now being treated for mites, having painkillers and I am putting Sudocrem on the sore bits. Hopefully he will begin to feel a bit better soon.

The good news is that both of them are eating, not surprisingly Maurice is eating everything put in front of him, I am sure he will soon be putting some weight on.

Back