• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foraging? Blackberries/raspberry leaves? fruit?

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Went out picking some dandelions and noticed a blackberrie/raspberry plant, not sure it has both on anyways, can the buns have the leaves? as its masssssssssssssssive. :oops: as i dont really know what im talking about :lol:

This is a raspberry cane (leaves fruit & stalks all yummy)

foragephotos009.jpg

foragephotos008.jpg

foragephotos005.jpg

These are blackberry brambles - again, the whole plant is good to eat:

foragephotos002.jpg

foragephotos001.jpg

Mine love bramble leaves and I've read that they're supposed to be good for tummy upsets too :)

Nettles are fine to eat but my bunnies aren't tempted at all, which is a shame when they sprout up everywhere!!!

Another good weed is stickyweed, they love that, but think it's finished at this time of year.

Mine love bramble leaves and I've read that they're supposed to be good for tummy upsets too :)

Nettles are fine to eat but my bunnies aren't tempted at all, which is a shame when they sprout up everywhere!!!

Another good weed is stickyweed, they love that, but think it's finished at this time of year.

How do you pick nettles? :oops: obv using something so we dont get stung? :oops:

How do you pick nettles? :oops: obv using something so we dont get stung? :oops:

I usually wear gardening gloves and long sleeves and pull whole nettle up from the base of the stem... that's so I can get rid of them out the garden at the same time tho!

Back