PDA

View Full Version : im ready to throw her out!!!!

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:24 PM
poppet has 3 litter tray free range of a whole bedroom!
and she still deems it fit to use the bed (which thankfully is covered in a shower curtain) to wee on. im getting a little sick of cleaning rabbit wee off my bed before i can get into it:evil::evil:

xx-snowball-xx
19-08-2011, 03:29 PM
poppet has 3 litter tray free range of a whole bedroom!
and she still deems it fit to use the bed (which thankfully is covered in a shower curtain) to wee on. im getting a little sick of cleaning rabbit wee off my bed before i can get into it:evil::evil:

she's a rabbit, that's what they do

LoopyLouie
19-08-2011, 03:30 PM
This is why I don't have bunnies in the bedroom, bunny wee and soft furnishings aren't a good mix! :lol:

thenamesJT
19-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Another reason to be glad I have my 2 outside! :lol:

Hoppla
19-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Is she spayed?

My females stopped doing it a couple of month after the spay.

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:41 PM
she isnt spayed cant be for 2 and a bit months yet.

does that mean everyone who has an indoor rabbit lives in a rabbit wee hovel?
:shock:

i wouldnt mind but i think shes doing it for a reason i just cant figure it out.. she has 3 littertrays loads of room and i sit with her most the day.
i have watched her binky away to the litter tray and wee. just 2-3 times a day she thinks that the bed is suitable:roll:

GrahamL
19-08-2011, 03:43 PM

does that mean everyone who has an indoor rabbit lives in a rabbit wee hovel?:shock:

i wouldnt mind but i think shes doing it for a reason i just cant figure it out.. she has 3 littertrays loads of room and i sit with her most the day.
i have watched her binky away to the litter tray and wee. just 2-3 times a day she thinks that the bed is suitable:roll:

I have a spayed rabbit (Ginger) and still live in a wee hovel :lol:

chul

Mine never did it! But both are neutered. Neutering will help once she can be, but until then... wee it is! :lol:

LoopyLouie

Not after the vet visit ;)

When I first got Wilm he used to spray me! :shock: ewww!

Elena
19-08-2011, 03:44 PM
If she's not spayed she's just doing what comes naturally. Sorry.

Even spayed rabbits do it sometimes. I have a few tips from experience ;)

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a spayed rabbit (Ginger) and still live in a wee hovel :lol:

:shock:nooooo:(

to think i wanted a second bun in my room for her:shock:

GrahamL
19-08-2011, 03:46 PM
:shock:nooooo:(

to think i wanted a second bun in my room for her:shock:

Ginger is 20% litter trained :lol:

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Mine never did it! But both are neutered. Neutering will help once she can be, but until then... wee it is! :lol:

i must be the only person in the world excited at the thought of the vet trip:lol:
i may ask the vet if he will weigh her and see if she is ready for a spay yet:lol:

thenamesJT
19-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Dont get your hopes up about the spay sorting it! :lol:

My little Orla still continues to pee & poop wherever she wants in the hutch/run combo......poor Rodge is such a neat freak & I bonded him with a slob! :lol:

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Ginger is 20% litter trained :lol:

they do make up for it in cuteness though dont they.

i couldnt part with her but this is going to take some getting used too.
she could wee in her bed i can fit that in a washing machine:lol:

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Dont get your hopes up about the spay sorting it! :lol:

My little Orla still continues to pee & poop wherever she wants in the hutch/run combo......poor Rodge is such a neat freak & I bonded him with a slob! :lol:

oh you meany:lol:

Elena
19-08-2011, 03:52 PM
My Nutmeg is a bit hit and miss too. I personally believe it's where she wasn't spayed until she was 2 (or later, not exactly sure on how old she is) and she became ingrained in her ways. It did help but hasn't got rid of it completely. She'll still poop if she smells my other two bunnies.

Barn Yard Bunnies
19-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Sunshine is a very good boy he never wees in the flat or in the bedrooms.

Cutie-pie was pretty bad and did loads all around the edges of the carpet and on the skirtings. One as you come in the door. Since she was spayed she only does it very occasionally and that was probably because the litter tray is in the hallway.

Pie
19-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Pie was spayed for over a year and still wee'd on the bed!
In my experience, spayed didn't help or change her behaviour in anyway! :lol:

Elena
19-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Pie was spayed for over a year and still wee'd on the bed!
In my experience, spayed didn't help or change her behaviour in anyway! :lol:

I think there are a few things that make a difference. Spaying is a biggie but also the way we interact with them, when we feed, when we give attention, etc. The lops would pee on my bed, but when the lionheads get time in my parents room and Nutmeg gets on their bed she doesn't. Whereas Nutmeg would be the one I would put money on doing the weeing!

Sky-O
19-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I use a pen so mine can't get onto my bed :D (the pen pens me in, not them :lol:).

Badger was the worst for this, normally when he wanted attention and I wasn't giving it to him. :evil:

My unspayed doe Moon was the BEST :D she would sleep on my bed like a cat and NEVER used it as a wee spot.

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 04:05 PM
My unspayed doe Moon was the BEST :D she would sleep on my bed like a cat and NEVER used it as a wee spot.

poppet was like this up until 2 days ago when i moved her beanbag.............

BALLS... i moved her beanbag which was next to the bed i bet she found it easier getting down on it!:roll:
stupid mummy:oops::oops:

Sky-O
19-08-2011, 04:07 PM

BALLS... i moved her beanbag which was next to the bed i bet she found it easier getting down on it!:roll:

I bet you're putting the bean bag back right now, right?

emmiiee
19-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Get a dog crate and attach a puppy pen and then put netting over the top! that would stop it!

chul
19-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Get a dog crate and attach a puppy pen and then put netting over the top! that would stop it!

Not quite a free range bunny then though :lol:

emmiiee
19-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Not quite a free range bunny then though :lol:

lol well thats up to the OP but thats the easy solution, if you don't want bunny peeing on your bed!

I did that with matilda! she has daily supervised out time, but if im out the room she goes into her pen x

Elena
19-08-2011, 04:24 PM

That could be it! We had to build a little ramp for Mischa otherwise he couldn't get down. I may have mentioned that in the thread I linked to in the PM :oops:

missFloppyears
19-08-2011, 04:57 PM

but that would mean she wouldnt have free range and wouldnt be fair on her!:shock: