• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sleepy/Teary eyes

Hi all :wave:

Hope we are all enjoying the nice weather and our bunns enjoying lazing in the sun!!!

I noticed this morning my lil Pixie has sleepy or teary eyes, does anyone know if this is natural and if there is anything I should do about it.
Apart from this she is healthy, eating, drinking, pooing, weeing etc... normally.

Any ideas????

Also, Im going to post a different thread for this but the last 8 or so weeks shes decided to move where she wants to do her business. She used her poo tray in a corner but suddenly decided she was going to use her bedroom to which I am now cleaning out twice a day. Ive moved the poo etc.. to her tray, put her tray where shes decided to do it, but she just does it next to it or in another corner of the bedroom. Im worried cause the cold weathers coming and she will need her bedroom and i know she wont as its where her loo is.
Any one else have this prob and what can I do??

Cheers all x

It is not normal for a Rabbit to have sleepy/teary eyes so she needsto be seen by a Vet. It could be something a simple as a mild conjunctivitis or it could be the start of a much more serious problem- Myxomatosis.

I would get her to the Vet ASAP.

As for her change in toileting habits it could be behavioral or it could be another indication of a health problem. For example has she developed a mobility problem meaning that she cannot hop into a litter tray ?

Is she vaccinated? Has she ever had dental problems? If it's just cropped up today it migt just be a bit of dust, but keep a very close eye on her all the same.

Hi all,

Shes moving round no problems and is still using her tray but infrequently. She isnt showing anyother signs of being ill, everything else is fine with her.

Ive been down and checked her earlier and her eyes seem fine now. Ill see if she has it again in the morning and if any problems will pop her into vets.

Thanks ladies x

Back