• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My AWESOME hutch!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I love my hutch. :love:
I just finished cleaning it out so I thought that was a good time to take some pictures.

It is 6 foot long, 3 foot deep and 2 foot high and was made for me by a lovely guy on ebay. In the main area is a small litter tray with a hay basket and a door mat to wipe their feeties.

IMG_0298.jpg

I put the mat in their carry case when we go anywhere. It stops them sliding around which stressed them out. The pink fleece is Grimlock's, he loves to sleep on it and I call it 'his comf'. :love: Smoo prefers to dig at them.

IMG_0299.jpg

I have clear plastic mats on the floor of the hutch so it's really easy to clean out. I just take them out and wash them in the shower.

IMG_0302.jpg

In the 'sleeping' area there is another larger litter tray. It never gets used for toileting though. Sometimes they dig in it. And Smoo's white blanket. She came from BARC with it. :love: Sometimes they pee on it... :roll:

IMG_0300.jpg

A view from one side of the hutch.

IMG_0303.jpg

And the other side. I set a ramp up to the top of the hutch. It's resting on a chair and the wall of my house and has a towel on it for grip. Smoo loves to sit on top of the hutch but Grim isn't too fond of it, probably because of his poor eyesight.

IMG_0304.jpg

It won't stay this clean. It will get covered in poo, hay and fur in about half an hour. :lol:

That looks great - the deep overhang on the roof is a very good idea. :thumb:

That looks great - the deep overhang on the roof is a very good idea. :thumb:

I didn't actually ask for it. My garden is only about four foot wide so I thought I'd have a foot of room to get down beside the hutch. I was a bit disappointed when the roof was so big because I have to sidle down it and it's so awkward to get into (for me). But the the overhang keeps is so dry! It really is amazing and worth it. When it's raining I can crawl in there with them and have lovely dry snuggles. :love:

I still want a shed though. and a garden to put it in. :lol:

Oh my, this is amazing! What a great sized hutch! Which man on ebay made it for you, and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

I know a bunny who would love a hutch like that :)

Last edited:
I love your hutch. I remembered it from when you got it and want to get a hutch that I can attach to Candyfloss and Dusk's enclosure for the winter. I've kept my eye on these on ebay because they just look brilliant.

Grim and Smoo are VERY lucky!

I didn't actually ask for it. My garden is only about four foot wide so I thought I'd have a foot of room to get down beside the hutch. I was a bit disappointed when the roof was so big because I have to sidle down it and it's so awkward to get into (for me). But the the overhang keeps is so dry! It really is amazing and worth it. When it's raining I can crawl in there with them and have lovely dry snuggles. :love:

Oh dear - nice and dry for the bunnies then, but not so good for you! :lol:

Oh my, this is amazing! What a great sized hutch! Which man on ebay made it for you, and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

I know a bunny who would love a hutch like that :)

It's this one (£150): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/large-rab...&otn=2&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=2169822719502794889

It's free delivery within 50 miles I think and the guy is located in Birmingham. I had to play £40 delivery which made the hutch £190 all together which I still think is a bargain. :)

I love your hutch. I remembered it from when you got it and want to get a hutch that I can attach to Candyfloss and Dusk's enclosure for the winter. I've kept my eye on these on ebay because they just look brilliant.

Grim and Smoo are VERY lucky!

Thank you. :)

Oh dear - nice and dry for the bunnies then, but not so good for you! :lol:

It's all about the bunnies and they love it. They still go to the toilet where the old hutch used to be though, so I have a litter tray in my garden by the back door, with a lid for when it rains... :roll: Then one of the chairs is taken up by the ramp.

Why can't everybun have a hutch like that. and a mum like you. :( It's a lovely bunny house! :rabbit2:

oooh thats lovely. I'm considering a change myself and that might just fit the bill with the run attached. Thanks for sharing.

I have plans for the winter too. I'm going to get some clear perspex cut to the shape of the mesh and fix it in with twisty things. I'm also going to start growing some grass in seed trays on the roof to insulate it and provide tasty noms. :)

:wave: Looks really good quality wood as well - fab :). Don't know what yours are like about chewing uprights but mine are sods are managed to nibble the only ones I didn't cover. They're all covered now with plastic (but look like metal) plastic corner covers... just a thought, I'd hate such a good hutch to be subject to the same "renovations" that mine has ;)

:wave: Looks really good quality wood as well - fab :). Don't know what yours are like about chewing uprights but mine are sods are managed to nibble the only ones I didn't cover. They're all covered now with plastic (but look like metal) plastic corner covers... just a thought, I'd hate such a good hutch to be subject to the same "renovations" that mine has ;)

Grim hasn't got any front teeth but Smoo has had a good go at the insides. :lol:
I don't mind too much, she's just rounded a few corners, it makes it more homely. well, for her anyway.

Back