• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I got redigrass

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Thought i would bite the bullet and get some (i asked about it a while back). The bale is HUGE :shock:. Need to go buy a bin to store it in now :lol:.

Bunny shopping trip today consisted of a bale of hay, bale of woodchips, bale of redigrass, bag of rabbit royal - £33 which should last the bunnies about 4 weeks.

I already have half a bag of food from last month (generally use 1.5 bags a month (15kg sacks). I will need another bale of hay (£6) which makes my bunny shopping bill about £40 a month for 10 bunnies. Thats not bad going really is it :D

I spend £40 a month for 2 bunnies. :lol: You are doing well mate!!! :)

I'm going to get some readigrass when the winter draws in. My girls love it. How often do you give readigrass to yours?

Im lucky to have a fairly cheap supplier, and non fussy bunnies. I have never had readigrass before, im going for a small handful per trio a day.

Ali, i got it from Russells country supplies its between Larbert and Camelon, just over a tenner for a massive bale.

I get my ready grass from a local horse surply shop. Lasts ages with my four as only feed a small handfull everyday to tempt them all in at night - they wont come in without it so i have to make sure I have loads in the shed at all times.

Thought i would bite the bullet and get some (i asked about it a while back). The bale is HUGE :shock:. Need to go buy a bin to store it in now :lol:.

Bunny shopping trip today consisted of a bale of hay, bale of woodchips, bale of redigrass, bag of rabbit royal - £33 which should last the bunnies about 4 weeks.

I already have half a bag of food from last month (generally use 1.5 bags a month (15kg sacks). I will need another bale of hay (£6) which makes my bunny shopping bill about £40 a month for 10 bunnies. Thats not bad going really is it :D

Sounds like you did well on your shopping trip.

If you get through 1.5 X 15 kgs bags of Rabbit Royal in one month you must have loads of bunnies :shock: Going by the maximum amount of dried food I would feed a bun and if you are using 22.5 kgs of food and feed on average of 50g per bun, you must have about 150 buns :shock:

If you get through 1.5 X 15 kgs bags of Rabbit Royal in one month you must have loads of bunnies Going by the maximum amount of dried food I would feed a bun and if you are using 22.5 kgs of food and feed on average of 50g per bun, you must have about 150 buns

I must admit I thought that was alot too. I also have 10 buns but that qty would last me over 6 months.

If you get through 1.5 X 15 kgs bags of Rabbit Royal in one month you must have loads of bunnies :shock: Going by the maximum amount of dried food I would feed a bun and if you are using 22.5 kgs of food and feed on average of 50g per bun, you must have about 150 buns :shock:

:shock: :lol:

I have 3 large / giant buns and a few underweight/unlimited food buns, so i go through a fair bit :)

Janice, I'm terrible with numbers, from now on im calling you Carol Voderman!:lol:

I have 3 large / giant buns and a few underweight/unlimited food buns, so i go through a fair bit

Thats good then, all my bunnies are small/medium - I was starting to think I'd been staving them!

I only worked it out as 15 buns for 50g/day per bun :shock: I think you added and extra 0 somewhere :lol:

It's good having access to a cheap supplier, mine is about the same but they don't sell hay bales so I have to go to a local farm to get that. I feed a few handfuls of readigrass daily, it does help keep the buns interested in hay and provides extra protein for those that need a little help maintaining their weight :)

Ali if you pm me your address I will send you a box of redigrass my hubby hates it it brings on his hayfever. And gives him a sore head not that he eats it anything. And none of mine are keen on it appared to there hay. so I am left with a bale here dong nothing but getting used very little

Ali if you pm me your address I will send you a box of redigrass my hubby hates it it brings on his hayfever. And gives him a sore head not that he eats it anything. And none of mine are keen on it appared to there hay. so I am left with a bale here dong nothing but getting used very little

Thank you!:wave: I have pm'd you.

Back