• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dropped off at vets :/ UPDATE + he's much better :)

lucy24

Mama Doe
charlie is in for his neuter. have been told to call at 1pm. im so worried!:( ive never had a bunny neutered before.

Last edited:
Sending vibes for Charlie.:wave: I had Spenser done back in March, so know how you feel. I had to wait until 3pm for news though. :shock:

im glad spenser was ok :) the vet was really lovely and i left them with some brocoli and his blanket:oops: he;s my baby!:roll:

Lots of 'de-plumming' vibes for Charlie! I'm sure he will be fine. I had Bramble netured earlier this year and he was fine - up and running around the next day! :wave:

he's home!:) i have a few questions though. when should i expect him to be pooping and eating normally again? so far he is very quiet, hasnt drunk yet but has eaten a little brocoli and some leaves from his fave bush in the garden. he's weed but not pooped. is this all sounding normal? when will he eat hay again? im just so worried still:(

he's home!:) i have a few questions though. when should i expect him to be pooping and eating normally again? so far he is very quiet, hasnt drunk yet but has eaten a little brocoli and some leaves from his fave bush in the garden. he's weed but not pooped. is this all sounding normal? when will he eat hay again? im just so worried still:(

he will be quiet. I'd expect poos in around 3-4 hours of being home. Keep tempting him to eat. as long as he is eating something, thats a good sign. Did he get pain relief at the vet?

no he didnt.:? they said they'd given him an injection for the pain but nothing to take home. im due in again on monday morning for a check up.

Ba patient. He has had a rough day.

Have you given him a heat source?

Keep tempting him with food and provide a bunny buffet for him. If he is eating then it will soon start coming out the other end, hopefully.

I don't understand why vets don't prescribe follow up pain relief; if any man had his testicles cut into, and the contents scooped out, and then stitched/glued, they would want pain relief for more than the first 24 hours, I'm sure!

Not ideal incase he bites it. Do you have uncooked rice? and a microwave? If so, you could make a 'rice sock' with uncooked rice, in a sock. Tie the end of the sock, then put that sock in another sock (but with the tied end at the toe of the second sock) and tie that, and then heat it in a microwave. Check it regularly (like every 10-15 secs) to ensure it's not getting too hot and then you can give that to him. You'll likely have to reheat it every hour or so, whenever it needs it, but it should give him a heat source if he needs one.

It was well into the evening before Spenser did any poos or wee, but he may have had the op later in the day than Charlie as I was told to expect news at 3pm rather than 1pm.

im a little calmer lol :roll: he has had some more leaves:) not pood yet or drank but am trying to encourage him when i can. he did hop over to me to say hello at one point though:)

Sounds good :) He is heading in the right direction.

If he is not 100% (and even potentially then) tomorrow morning then you need to get him some Metacam (pain relief) from the vets to administer to him at home. I normally do three days for my boys because it will hurt, whatever some vets think.

right, ok thanks. i really appreciate the advice:wave: the last time one of my bunnys had GA she died so thats why im slightly paranoid

*squish* I can understand why you would be scared with any bunny, let alone when that was your last experience. There's no reason at all to think the same is going to happen to him though. He is improving, which is the important thing :)

Back