• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

C & S test Question - snuffles

nessar

Warren Veteran
I need a quick answer to this one, cant find it anywhere, got to get to the vets in half hour for Barneys dental...

For a Culture and Sensitivity test to be done successfully, does the bunny have to be experiencing a flair up when they take the sample?

Barney's snuffles has calmed down at the moment but hes having a dental and I dont know whether to take the oppurtunity to do a C&S test whilst hes under GA. I wouldnt put him under GA especially to do it as he reacts so badly to being under.

He needs to of been clear of ABx for at least 7 days.

The C&S needs to get at the bacteria causing the infection, so in theory, yes, i would assume it would need to be 'active' so to speak.

when matt had his few he had to come off his antibiotics for 7-10 days and we had to try and push it up from that if at all possible. :wave:

Back