• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hoovering? a question for house buns

amysb86

Alpha Buck
just wondering how often all you house bun owners out there end up hoovering ?? i seem to be doing it like 3 times a day :shock::shock: dont know if its coz there is 5 of the fluff balls or they just like to get hay and toys everywhere??

so come people tell me im not alone?

You need to invest in a high powered hand held vac with as wide an opening at the front as poss! It makes a huge difference I use mine all the time it is a 12.5v black and decker!

I go round with Henry every couple of days but I have a hand held DeWalt that comes out several times a day. I'd really recommend the DeWalt, very powerful, quick to charge, lasts much longer than most rechargeable vacs and it's wet and dry which makes it good for any 'accidentals'! I think the model is DC515N.

i have a blanket area where his hay goes so i can just shake it off in the garden. he's not too bad- perhaps hoover a couple times a week- i want a hanheld one tho :D

My floors are laminate and tiled where the buns are. I try and sweep daily (and fail usually) and then vacuum a few times a week. They're good at using the toilet but get hay everywhere because of their long hair.

I wish I cleaned up after them more often :s I really should do. I'm just lazy...

Once a week - life's too short! We just don't notice the hay everywhere anymore, and their fur stays mostly in their 'pen'.

How on earth do you have time to hoover 3 times a day???

That would have to be once in the morning and twice in the evening, good job I don't have house bunnies as I really don't think I could face getting the hoover out twice after I got home from work! :lol: Lucky if my house gets done once a week, come to think of it I don't think I've ever hoovered this house, that's what I keep a boyfriend for :oops:

Hannah :)

all my floors down stairs are laminate so in the kitchen (where Barney and Roxy are based) I usually sweep 1-2 times a day and hoover and mop once a week. However, I've recently been treated to one of those I Robot hoovers (dreamy!) so I might start doing it daily. :love:

3-4 times a week with the big Dyson + several times a day at least with the rechargeable Dyson (I love it because it has a long tube like a normal hoover but is so convenient to use) I have a dog as well though and she's in moult at the moment (it's like having sheep running around the house:lol:) What with the hay/straw as well, I feel like I live on the farm:roll:

:love: Lino :love:

I sweep once or twice a day. Then a couple of times I go round with the dustpan and brush.

we have 8 indoors right now - (plus the cat and 5 adults) tbh I could just hoover from dawn to bedtime :lol::lol::lol:

God, you guys are gonna think I am a right skank but we hoover once a week. Anymore and it stresses Obie out too much and he ends up a hyperventilating mess in a dark corner for the next 24hrs! :roll: :(

ETA: We have a big upright Dyson and have carpet and yes there is hay and hair everywhere but you kinda get used to it! :lol:

I have outside rabbits and I still have to hoover once a day. They're moulting now and it just goes everywhere. But my carped downstairs is awful, the fur just doesn't come off and we look like right skanks. The rabbits lived in my bedroom for ages and the fur comes off fine from that carpet.

hahah this is awsome so glad to know im not alone:D:D need to get a better hoover only have little bagged one and its dying from hay straw and over use so far have unblocked it twice this week heheh

Back