• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castiel - a very special angel bunny

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
My beautiful boy :cry: how can I possibly say everything I want to say to you?

We adopted you last April, you were quite a nervous little boy which sometimes came across as aggressive but we understood that you were just frightened.

We had you neutered and you refused to eat for days afterwards - just to stress us out!

We tried to bond you with Harvey, then with Zero, then with Zero and Lucy, but you did not get on with them at all - they just weren't right for an angel like you.

Then one day we met beautiful Ruby, and we knew at once she would be right for you. She was like you, being labelled as aggressive when really she was just frightened and frustrated. We adopted her and brought her home for you.

Once Ruby had settled in and been spayed, we bonded you. After just a few hours the two of you had fallen in love and were inseparable. You brought out the best in each other and were transformed into the two sweetest, most affectionate babies who loved to fuss over each other and over us.

When Eddie and Grace came along, you fell in love again. You would lie with Eddie sunbathing together in the light that came through the window, and you were so protective of Grace. You looked so similar to Gracie - even the vet said you were mirror images of each other! The four of you were so happy together.

When Mummy's life started falling apart, you were such a good boy and comforted me. After we lost Eddie you seemed to become even more affectionate and were constantly nuzzling into me and licking my hand. You knew Mummy needed her angel more than ever.

When you were all bonded into a group you were still one of the first to come and say hello to me each morning, to remind me that you were still there. You were always there protecting Grace from the others, always so gentle with her when the others were too boisterous for her.

A couple of weeks ago we lost Lily and Grace. Without your Gracie you withdrew into yourself, you lost weight and became depressed. You lost your place in the group and seemed to be pushed aside by the others a lot. We took you to the vets and he said you could be showing signs of EC like Lily had been, or it could be the grief at losing Grace.

I thought you were coming back to me angel. I took you out a few times a day and fed you separately to the others, gave you plenty of fuss, you started to fill out again and look a bit happier.

Then yesterday morning, which already feels like forever ago, we found that you had left us for the bridge.

I will miss you so much Castiel my baby, I don't know what I'll do without you, but I understand that you had to go and be with Gracie and Eddie. I know you were poorly and I'm sorry we couldn't save you, but I know you'll have found a sunny spot at the bridge to sunbathe with Eddie and snuggle up with Grace. I would see you in the room whenever it was sunny, lying how you would lie with Eddie by your side, and I could feel his presence then.

I promise to take good care of your friends Castiel, especially Ruby.

ETA: some pictures

IMG00026-20110225-1002.jpg

sunbathing with Eddie

DSCI0680.jpg

Squashing up with Ruby

DSCI0617-1.jpg

DSCI0609-1.jpg

DSCI0608-1.jpg

DSCI0610-1.jpg

DSCI0618-1.jpg

And our song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZhN65vq9E&ob=av2n

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Castiel has passed, he sounded like a beautiful bunny to have around.
Thinking of you and your bunny family xxx

You were always my favourite and I think you knew. Whenever I came to visit you always got extra nose rubs and an extra treat. When you stayed at my house when your mummy was moving I so didn't want to give you back, you were a perfect angel in every way. You were the reason I met your lovely mummy and made a very special friend and I'll always be very grateful to you.

I'll miss you so much Castiel but I know you're in a happy place now and watching over your mummy and your friends. So so sorry you had to go, sleep tight xxx

So sorry Nic xxx

You were always my favourite and I think you knew. Whenever I came to visit you always got extra nose rubs and an extra treat. When you stayed at my house when your mummy was moving I so didn't want to give you back, you were a perfect angel in every way. You were the reason I met your lovely mummy and made a very special friend and I'll always be very grateful to you.

I'll miss you so much Castiel but I know you're in a happy place now and watching over your mummy and your friends. So so sorry you had to go, sleep tight xxx

So sorry Nic xxx

You've set me off crying again!

Thanks hun, he knew he was your favourite and that his Auntie Jen loved him lots xxx

Still can't believe he's gone, found some more pics from when he stayed and sent them thru FB, couple will make you smile I hope xxx

So sorry you lost him. :( Hope it has helped you to share all these beautiful pictures of your handsome boy. Sending noserubs to Ruby and hugs for you. xxx

Back