• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An afternoon of improvements and cleaning <3

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from the my set up thread, I have been trying to improve the hutch run set up.

005-1.jpg

After moving it together I realised that the run didn't fit with the hutch inside it, so I have put three panels around to create a run, but feared it wouldn't be safe from predation, hence the metal run over the top as a make shift lid.

Well today I went and bought a screwdriver and screws and started putting it all back together again. First though I scrubbed out the hutch with a antiseptic solution, just to give it a clean and neutalise any smells. I added more wood around the edges to hold the original roof of the run, and took one of the panels off the roof as there was no need for it any more. I also added a cover so I could put an outside hay bit and added a plant pot to allow residents to dig.

I have moved buns around again too, the hutch is now home to Isla and Tilly, and Granite is having the shed in the kennel.

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

015-2.jpg
Tilly Exploring

Im not too happy with Granite's health and although he is eating drinking and pooping there is something amiss, therefore being in the shed he will be easier to keep an eye on, as for much of his time in the hutch he was under the hutch. We are going to the vets too for an expert opinion, and being in the shed will make any medication given much easier to administer.

Last edited:
Back