• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies going outside next week!!

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
:shock:

I am terrified, I'm thinking that it will be okay at this time of year to move them outdoors??

Their bedroom window is always open and there has never been heating on, (I am a stingey wotsit)

I am so worried about them

I'm bonding at the momment so have outside ones in and have my windows wide open with no heating and they are fine, no hotness and Blackjacks been living with windows open in my room so if the others aren't getting too hot I imagine when he goes out he won't get cold :)

Okay thats good then, carlo is a right old mess at the moment, tufty botty:roll::lol:

The garden is really secure as well,

Dont worry Shelly! They'll love being outside! Just get Ian to put a battery operated light bulb in the shed so you can go sit with them! :lol:

A big shed that is already there, my land lady has cleared it out and given me some lino :love:

I am just thinking about some how attaching a run of some sort, but that will come in the next few weeks

In my experience of outdoor bunnies living in a shed/run combo - they will be ever so happy! I can't get mine to stay inside! Are they good in the litter tray? If you think you can trust them to use the litter, you could fill the shed with hay in winter - knee deep (bunnies knees that is) and it keeps them cosy warm. Plus extra boxes filled with hay etc. They have time to grow a nice heavy winter coat too!

In my experience of outdoor bunnies living in a shed/run combo - they will be ever so happy! I can't get mine to stay inside! Are they good in the litter tray? If you think you can trust them to use the litter, you could fill the shed with hay in winter - knee deep (bunnies knees that is) and it keeps them cosy warm. Plus extra boxes filled with hay etc. They have time to grow a nice heavy winter coat too!

yeah Bobby is good with a tray and Carlo is as long as it is emptied a lot.

They are both going through a mega moult at the moment, will that be okay?

yeah Bobby is good with a tray and Carlo is as long as it is emptied a lot.

They are both going through a mega moult at the moment, will that be okay?

As long as they grow a nice winter coat. I'm not sure on that one - I guess you just need to keep an eye on the growth of their fur?? Dunno sorry!!

As long as they grow a nice winter coat. I'm not sure on that one - I guess you just need to keep an eye on the growth of their fur?? Dunno sorry!!

That's okay as I said I will be watching them like a hawk, they could always go in the kitchen temporarily if they are no developing their furry coats.

Can't wait to see them binky round the garden :love:

That's okay as I said I will be watching them like a hawk, they could always go in the kitchen temporarily if they are no developing their furry coats.

Can't wait to see them binky round the garden :love:

It'll be lovely! I hope there will be pictures a plenty!! :p

I'm sure they'll be fine Shelley - remember Carlo lived outside as a foster bun, and I think that was through winter (I can't quite remember at the moment - get a bit confused who was here when!).

The weather's pretty mild at the moment so they'll be fine with their moult still going on.

Looking forward to lots of piccies! Good luck with the move!

I'm sure they'll be fine Shelley - remember Carlo lived outside as a foster bun, and I think that was through winter (I can't quite remember at the moment - get a bit confused who was here when!).

The weather's pretty mild at the moment so they'll be fine with their moult still going on.

Looking forward to lots of piccies! Good luck with the move!

I thought he was a an outdoor bunny. Couldn't remember, Bobby was born in a shed originally as well when my friend had her.

Back