• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Antibiotic eye ointment help.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
My vets can't get hold of any eye drops for Grim. He's intolerant of the liquid ones, I can't remember their name but he has had Fucithalmic I think and the last one he had was Chloramphenicol. My vet is happy to write me a prescription to get some off the internet or from anywhere else. But Grim's eye has got really bad now. If I can't get some soon I think he's going to have to go under GA to get them flushed. He's already on baytril and depocillin injections. :(

Do you know if I can get either of them from a chemist, or anywhere online that can deliver quickly?

Thanks.

My vets can't get hold of any eye drops for Grim. He's intolerant of the liquid ones, I can't remember their name but he has had Fucithalmic I think and the last one he had was Chloramphenicol. My vet is happy to write me a prescription to get some off the internet or from anywhere else. But Grim's eye has got really bad now. If I can't get some soon I think he's going to have to go under GA to get them flushed. He's already on baytril and depocillin injections. :(

Do you know if I can get either of them from a chemist, or anywhere online that can deliver quickly?

Thanks.

Sorry, not sure what you are asking :?

Can Grim have Fucithalmic ?

Sorry I am being dim- brain not working atm :oops:

Sorry! Yes, he can have either Fucithalmic or Chloramphenicol, but my doesn't have them in. :wave:

How STUPID is this?

I phoned up my local pharmacy and asked about the eye drops. She said they do have them but I can't get them because they can't supply animals. I have to go to another pharmacy and say I need them for myself. Even though I can get a prescription from my vet it's not okay. :?

How STUPID is this?

I phoned up my local pharmacy and asked about the eye drops. She said they do have them but I can't get them because they can't supply animals. I have to go to another pharmacy and say I need them for myself. Even though I can get a prescription from my vet it's not okay. :?

One of the 3 local chemists are the same here. Even boots said no! :shock:

I managed to get some choramphenicol! :)
It's a different brand so I've just phoned up the vets to double check it's okay, but I'm assuming it is. :)

If it's chloramphenicol it's the same whatever the brand name. :)
It's a good almost "total kill" AB too. Pity we can only use it as eye drops.

You can get chloramphenicol and fucithalmic from normal pharmacies (although I don't know if they're prescription only) as both have been prescribed to my LO in the past! (Bunnies & children are scarily similar!)

Poor Grim, hope his eyes will be ok.

Finding it so hard with Babydarlings eye. I want to cry everytime I look at his eye. It is always gunged up and stuck together until I moisten it.

Looks like he will need another xray.:(

Back