• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male bunny privates ....

chloaster

Warren Veteran
We have just introduced two bunnies to each other and whilst there was a fair bit of humping it was nothing to write home about and no nastiness so seemed to be going well - then our boy bun started licking his bits a lot and on inspection he has a very swollen penis and it appears to be torn slightly down one side although not split through .... anyone dealt with this before? We have had swollen ones that wouldn't go back in before which we have dealt with with a cotton bud and vaseline which seemed to sort them out but not had a split one?

Thanks

Sounds liek a possible bite wound, or MAJOR over humping thats caused some tissue damage.

Was there any head humping, by the wounded bun?

I would seirously book a vet trip :) May need pain relief and abx as minimum

Bundy got a nip to his will during bonding. Pain relief and precautionary antibiotics were needed.

The 3 get along great, the bonding wasn't aggressive either, just bundy seemed to want to hump face :roll:

This happened to my Sonny, he humped Smokeys head, which Smokey didn't take kindly, que bitten swollen winky ..

he was fine after some meds from the vets & is fine now, though I am always paranoid when he gets humpy now though :oops:

Nope - no head humping at all and not particularly over doing it on the humping either - have definately seen a lot worse!

We have administered pain relief and abx - just wondered if anyone had any cunning ideas with regards to dealing with said swollen bits or if it is a case of just waiting for it to "go down" .....

is there maybe a ring of hair caught under his skin ? I've had this happen to smokey, which caused a slight swelling :wave:

Nope - no head humping at all and not particularly over doing it on the humping either - have definately seen a lot worse!

We have administered pain relief and abx - just wondered if anyone had any cunning ideas with regards to dealing with said swollen bits or if it is a case of just waiting for it to "go down" .....

I have found fenugreek crunchies always help ;)

Fiver had a prolapse after neutering but he was admitted to the vets so I'm not 100% sure what treatment they used.

Hope he's more comfortable soon.

we ve had several bunnies with swollen willies during bonding ...:oops:

I usualy use ky jelly to keep the willy moist as if it drys out the tissue can die off.

Kenco had a swollen willy recently. We dont know what caused it. It wasnt split though, just very very inflamed. The vet gave us Baytril twice a day and a strong dose of painkiller. It went down quite quickly on its own - by the next day it had halved in size, and two days later was almost back to normal.

Hope he feels better soon.

Kenco had a swollen willy recently. We dont know what caused it. It wasnt split though, just very very inflamed. The vet gave us Baytril twice a day and a strong dose of painkiller. It went down quite quickly on its own - by the next day it had halved in size, and two days later was almost back to normal.

Hope he feels better soon.

That's good to know - thank you :)

Back