• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser moulting again! a question...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
He hardly moulted at all last year, but this year he had a very heavy moult from Easter through into May, and now he is moulting again. :shock: It's definitely cooler here now, so I don't understand why he is beginning what seems to be quite a significant moult. :? Is a second, late summer moult quite normal?

I am not sure but I do know Oberon had a pretty bad moult in the spring and is just getting over another really heavy moult. Pie is also moutling for the 3rd(?) time this year! :shock: And it ain't a small moult either!
Maye it is the odd up-and-down weather we have had this year?

Biccy's on his 3rd moult this year, this is the worst moult he's ever had and he's only 18months old :shock:

Harry is moulting again alot i noticed he moulted early last year and we had that really bad winter so i hope he's not trying to tell me some thing :shock:

Thanks for replies. :wave: It seems 'normal' then. Spenser is approximately 2, so maybe he just hadn't developed enough to moult last year. :?

Yes, it is normal. Mango has had 2 moults so far this year and Maia only one. It seems like eveybun has a different rhytm.

I read somewhere that they can moult four times year.:shock: some heavy, some not too ad.

Hope the new bunny trousers stand up to all the white hair Susiebun!

Just the one moult here from the end of spring, but there are still a few tufts flying about! Just finished a moult and then they'll be growing winter coats I guess! A bunny's work is never done!!:D

Alfie and Bubbles seem to have both been in constant moult since February time. :? :roll:

Back