• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rain is so heavy...Butter's got flooded - he's now in a refugee camp!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
....the garden is flooding, and the aviary, which usually copes with anything, is leaking too :(

Fortunately the Boys have hutches in there so can get up off the floors, cos it's coming down so heavy I can't do anything out there at the moment cos I can't get the ladders out whilst it's like this, and there's so much rain in my eyes I can't see to do anything anyway!

Last edited:
:( Depressing isn't it. and this is supposed to be summer...
Good luck with the fixing. Tommorow and Sat are supposed to be hot, so might be the perfect time to get your bob the builder hat on :lol: I'm sure the buns will help you out :shock::lol::lol::lol:

No rain here..yet.
I am really feelign the cold today too.
Meant to be nicer this weekend though! :)

We've had some rain this morning, it was really thick too Blackers :(

I hope the boys are okay!

Torrential rain since 8am (and I mean seriously torrential, not just heavy). Thunder and lightening too.....it's cos the Bournemouth Air show was due to start today :roll:

Butter's is now in a refugee camp in my room. The Big Boys side seems ok, and they have a double storey 5 foot hutch in there too - Butters only has a single storey to stay in if the floor gets wet.

We've lived here ten years, and had pretty bad rain many times, but this is the worst we've seen. I had some pots of strawberry plants in a tray (4" deep) and the tray was full to overflowing with rainwater :shock:

Awful. Where is her Ladyship ?

Lady lives in the garage (at the moment - I'm working on mum letting her live indoors full time :lol:) - she comes into the conservatory in the daytime, and has her hutch and a large run in the garage for overnight. Mind you, when it rains heavy she won't come indoors anyway as she likes to snuggle in her hay and zonk out :lol:

Torrential rain since 8am (and I mean seriously torrential, not just heavy). Thunder and lightening too.....it's cos the Bournemouth Air show was due to start today :roll:

Butter's is now in a refugee camp in my room. The Big Boys side seems ok, and they have a double storey 5 foot hutch in there too - Butters only has a single storey to stay in if the floor gets wet.

We've lived here ten years, and had pretty bad rain many times, but this is the worst we've seen. I had some pots of strawberry plants in a tray (4" deep) and the tray was full to overflowing with rainwater :shock:

Shriek!! We are coming down there next week to the New Forest, we leave our caravan there, hope it's still there when we get there:shock::shock:

I just heard on the news about flash flooding in Dorset, people need rescuing :(

Hope the bunnies are ok x

Butters is having fun in his refugee camp, Dan and Clo are sleeping through it all, and Her Ladyship is housed in the garage so quite safe :)

Apparently the Lower Gardens in Bournemouth are flooded - that never happens :shock: I have to drive into Bournemouth this afternoon - that's gonna be fun!

Lady lives in the garage (at the moment - I'm working on mum letting her live indoors full time :lol:) - she comes into the conservatory in the daytime, and has her hutch and a large run in the garage for overnight. Mind you, when it rains heavy she won't come indoors anyway as she likes to snuggle in her hay and zonk out :lol:

Awww so she at least has her 4 poster bed to lay on.

Its very dark here but no rain. I really worry about torrential rainfall here with the river so close.

I bet Butters loves it in your bedroom.:)

....the garden is flooding, and the aviary, which usually copes with anything, is leaking too :(

Fortunately the Boys have hutches in there so can get up off the floors, cos it's coming down so heavy I can't do anything out there at the moment cos I can't get the ladders out whilst it's like this, and there's so much rain in my eyes I can't see to do anything anyway!

Just seen Poole and Bournmouth on the BBC News:shock::shock: Hope it clears up for you soon:wave:

Just started raining here not to bad at the moment hope it stays like that daisy and maisy are still out in the yard they will soon move there butts if it starts to come down fast or heavy

Back