• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biccys destroyed some lounge carpet now :(

:lol: :shock: Sorry I shouldnt laugh. Is so not funny. Biscuit you iyz a bad boy!!!! Stick something over it to hide it, and then break it to her gently over a nice bottle of wine when she gets in. And then run for your life :lol:

i know your pain poppet has grazed out bedroom carpet bare in place, i put ornaments over them and tell the OH its to keep her company:?
god forbid he sees it..:?

Oh goodness. :shock: I thought I was going to be 'deaded' when Spenser had a nom of the wires in my room, but I'm still alive and well. He's not been back in my bedroom though!

Have you tried carpet tiles the the places he does it, before he does damage?

Yes.

He picks them up and throws them out the way, thats how the stairs got damaged too :(

He just moved ANYTHING out of the way if he wants to get to it. He's so strong its untrue.

They are now locked out of the living room completely. Just have upstairs, where i can see them all the time.

uh oohhhh! I was in a rented house at uni and Jake chewed the skirting.... moved the wardrobe over slightly so it was well hidden! Good luck breaking it to the OH.... chocolates a good peacemaker, or cake!

What about some rugs? you can get some great ones in ikea, that might work??

Its covered by a rug already, he's moved it out the way to do the destruction :(

Sorry, this all must seem really negative of me just saying "done that" etc, but it really is the case. I hate having to restrict them, but i can't do anything else now :cry:

I empathise Gray. Gemma is a munch machine in a furry form. She destroys anything and everything she can find. I thought the kitchen didn't have anything she could damage but she is slowly chewing the wooden cladding, wooden doorframe, the rug (a replacement for the last one she ate) and has munched her way through a wicker hamper that did hold clean towels.

Fortunately, I don't rent but I need to move asap to reduce my mortgage and she completely wrecked the lounge and I can't afford to make good. There are huge holes in the wallpaper and smaller ones in the plaster.

I can see why she ended up in the PAH adoption area.

I would love her and George to have free range downstairs and feel mean confining her to the kitchen but I have to or I would have no walls or furniture left:(

oh dear....they can be soo persistent...Ive had a couple of issues before with my buns being like that....I had to either stop them having access to the area...or give them a more interesting project to do....I often try and distract them with fresh branches for them to chew on or fill a cardboard box - a small one with yummy leaves, forages bits etc and they spend ages trying to get into that....I guess they get bored bless them......youve prob already tried these suggestions too...but worth saying anyhows...hope it helps!;)

Its covered by a rug already, he's moved it out the way to do the destruction :(

Sorry, this all must seem really negative of me just saying "done that" etc, but it really is the case. I hate having to restrict them, but i can't do anything else now :cry:

I totally see where you are coming from Graham.

Sorry if my previous thread seemed a bit insensitive. I saw the funny side of it, and not how upsetting it really must be for you. Thankfully Peppa only ever chewed a small hole behind my sofa. (OH doesnt know about that yet :shock: and its been there a year) so I can see how frustrating it must be. And even more of a worry when you have to explain to the landlord. I can only think of putting something heavy on the edges of the rugs to stop him digging the corners up. I have got a brick in the corner of Peppa and Lenos vet bed for the same reasons. I saw the idea on here, and it seems to work.. so something heavy bunnysafe maybe?
I'm rambling now.Sorry I'm not more helpful. But good luck in finding what works.

Don't feel bad about having to restrict them. You've tried everything, but no matter how much we love our buns there's a limit to how much carpet etc most of us can afford to replace. Plus if they injest the stuff it won't do them much good.

One last shot from me Gray, have you tried bricks? Not pretty, but hard to move.

Sorry Gray :( i know what its like having to constantly apologise to the OH because of something the rabbits have done. Theres nothing more gutting than finding something ruined. I came home from work last night and found that Lola had chewed a hole in our Devan bed. This bed cost £1200 and to just have it chewed through like that, i was furious and upset, especially as she's never bothered with it before and now all of a sudden decided to destroy it. I hope you dont get into to much trouble

Back