• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PHOTOS ADDED! she's here! bonding in process!

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
Wheeeee!
Lovely people from Fairly Beloved came tonight to do homecheck for adopting a lovely young doe to keep Ben company. I passed! Was very nervous, but they were so lovely.
So Ben now has a female companion that is being softly introduced and bonded.
She looks to be a Dutch cross Netherland, having mismarked dutch markings, but much smaller in size, with neat ladylike features.
Ben was thrilled with the new arrival. Ben was put into the large pet carrier with tje doe which lead to some humping by Ben which the doe didn't mind too much. They were then let out together to range around the front room and kitchen. I know not everyone uses this method but seems to be working in this case. Lots of running about and chasing usually by Ben, which meant one. tiny rabbit was climbing and jumping around. No aggression, with lots of backing off and lying down by Ben. Got very defensive when evie came to see. One poor cat was fluffed up and quite shocked to get herded away! Evie spent next few hours sat on the sofa or stairs, watching two buns explore, chase and be interested in each other.
For tonight Ben is back alone in the kitchen, evie locked in one room and our new girl in the spare indoor &utch. Hoping all goes well and that Ben will soon share the kitchen (and rest of lower floor with supervision) full time.
Have some photos but can't add right now as posting from my phone. So very darling the three of them.
Our newest membet had been named Jeri instead of her original Codi, and is already proving to be a daddy's girl.
Anyone wanna see the photos?

Last edited:
Photos are still to follow though think there's a few on my twitter now.

Jeri (name chosen by the OH NOT me!!!) is proving to be a complete sook when it comes to nose rubs, enjoying them greatly, stopping anything else to have her little white blaze stroked. She's also a Daddy's girl, preferong to jump on my partner, his eldest brother and his father. I get turned to when they're not available!

Ben and Jeri, have spent several hours running around the ground floor, just lots of running about, nose touching, attempts at mounting etc.
Ben only really mounts Jeri, when she's attempted to mount him first, kinda as a reminder of who lived here first!
Got put together in the indoor hutch for about an hour. Milding mounting and running about, but there was also lots of eating tasty hay and flopping near each other happening.
Jeri is not spayed yet, though Ben is done, andyou can tell! Such a little hussy. If Ben's not chasing her and she's not wanting a rest, she runs up to him and gives a nudg ot a hop over till she gets his interest! Then its Bunny 500 time.
Currently both confined to the kitchen, to see how that goes.
So far all going very well indeed.

Poor Evie is ever so confused as to what's going on! She's not sure if she's allowed to follow Jeri about like she sometimes does with Ben. Ben keeps making sure they can't get close!

Since things seem to be going well, with them both munching close together, they've been put into the kitchen to see how it goes.
So far its going well. They've been in there for several hours and are remaining so over night.
Littl emiss Jeri keeps making little honking noise sif picked up or if Ben decided to come to close to her, but she's more than happy to run towards him and even jump on to his back as she explores the kitchen!
They both are showing healthy appetites at least! One of my dandelion pots got devoured in moments, and the hay I use for bedding has been disappearing at a greatly increased rate!
Miss jeri likes the compressed hay rounds from P@H so will be getting another packet so she can munch them, whilst Ben just throws his half around!
Also did some research on plants and stuff that are safe for bunnies to eat so I can increase my little tubbed garden and grow more plants that my bunnies can eat, not just my soft fruit and herbs. Looking into getting a miniature orchard as seen a deal for 4 trees!

Will upload some photos late as have quite a fe wof the pair of them, including Ben being the laziest bunny on the planet!

If I could find a place that will host my photos I'd be adding them right now, but for some reaosn I can't get any of the sites to register my jpegs! argh!!!!
Had some of the cutest images today too! Jeri and Ben were both in the upper floor of the hutch in the ktchen nose to nose, laid down and half asleep!

Here are some photos of Ben and Jeri.
Click the smaller image to see the photo full sized

Jeri on Thursday getting her nose rubbed by my OH. She loves them!

Ben and Evie laid down watching for Jeri coming back out of the kitchen

Evie getting in on the bonding by laying in the indoor cage whilst Ben and Jeri hopped around the front room

Ben and Jeri in the indoor cage together by choice having both jumped in.

Jeri and Ben laid yesterday in the indoor cage with the door closed after having some time out to run about the front room

Ben yesterday being the laziest bunny ever by taking a drink whilst laid down! in the indoor cage whilst with Jeri and door closed.

Jeri today windering what I was holding in my hand! My camera

Ben and Jeri about 4pm today laid nose to nose in the hutch. They have access to the kitchen at this point

Hope people like our newest arrival! She's so cute and since she arrived Ben has decided he wants a lot more fuss and nose rubs which is a great thing!

Thank you. They just keep getting cuter and cuter! So very sweet together. A photo on twitter of them both munching spring greens together quite happily.
I'm lucky in the fact Ben is so totally laid back! Well he is now he's got the humping out of his system!

We have cuddles and grooming! They snuggle up in the bedroom and Ben's started to groom her head gently! Its so sweet. Only 4 days too! Ben is such a laid back buck... wish there were more like him!

I am glad bonding is going so well, and that Evie is getting used to the new arrival.:)
I will be looking for more updates.:)

I'll have to try getting the camera ready to capture Ben as he smooths the fur on the top of Jeri's head, after I've given her a nose rub!

As for Evie and Jeri, they are getting on and playing much the same as she does with Ben, though there's a new game; Jeri loves to run in and out of the piping we have going behind the sofa. Evie will run to the opposite end and sit waiting to bop Jeri's nose as she emerges!

Just a shame the videos taken using my digital camera look fine on the preview using the camera, but totally black when viewed on the PC.

Back