• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And so...

Pix

Warren Scout
... After over 36 hours straight of bunny bonding supervision and watching my two little independent buns become a cute and friendly couple again. I finally feel confident in them to let them be alone for a while, whilst I get some (non-beanbag) sleep.

They're in the kitchen in their pen. All the doors between me and them are open. The alarm is set for 2.30am to go down and check up on them. I'm so pleased with their progress. (I really hope I've not just jinxed it!)

A little nervous about trying to get them back into the hutch where it's harder to supervise them. But really really pleased. Not to mention very very tired!!

Hutch day tomorrow! Yay!

I don't, no. No kiddies, so don't own one. But, I'm a really light sleeper. And I'm planning on sleeping with one ear open at all times!

Plus, I'm clearly not quite as relaxed as I sounded in my post or i'd've turned out the light and gone to sleep -rather than sitting up in bed, posting from my phone and listening out for scuffles!! :?

I'm starting to know the feeling of being worried about bonding - my trio aren't very happy together at the moment so I'm trying to strengthen their bond. :cry:

Thinking good thoughts for no scuffles but lots of bunny snuggles! :)
Ahhh...wish I were to this point with my two whom I am rebonding. Alas, they are still a bit nasty with one another. :(

I'm completely understanding the bonding worries. Mine aren't aggressive which each but it doesn't look like happiness.

I'm knackered. I was up and down the stairs like a yoyo.

Buns were not aggressive or fighting. Just noisy. But every time you have to check on them don't you?

There was nothing bad. Just binkying against the radiator causing the central heating system all to clunk. Nose- barging a litter tray from one side of a room to the other. Ripping shreds off a cardboard box.

I decided at about 2am that foraging for hay was a really good idea and sprinted down to the shed in the dark and got in a massive handful of hay which I plonked in the middle of the floor and encouraged them to eat. I think that kept them quiet for about 2 hours!!

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion, I think they're bonded, but theyre outdoor bunnies and it's wierd to them living in my dining room. I'm going to try to get them back into the hutch today!! It's been over 48 hours aggression free!

Back