• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh oh

Looks like it's rabbit safe - a type of hessian type chew. How quickly did you bun eat it?

My bunny Sherlock used to eat and destroy willow toys and lots of other chew toys extremely quickly - he could destroy a small willow ball in about 1hr if he was in the mood. I used to have to buy masses and masses of them every month to keep him happy.

Looks like it's rabbit safe - a type of hessian type chew. How quickly did you bun eat it?

My bunny Sherlock used to eat and destroy willow toys and lots of other chew toys extremely quickly - he could destroy a small willow ball in about 1hr if he was in the mood. I used to have to buy masses and masses of them every month to keep him happy.

quite quick shes a big bun

Last edited:
Has she actually ingested the whole thing? I would keep a close eye and if she starts showing any discomfort get her down the vets, I would be worried any large parts she has swallowed could cause discomfort as they pass through or cause a blockage?

Has she actually ingested the whole thing? I would keep a close eye and if she starts showing any discomfort get her down the vets, I would be worried any large parts she has swallowed could cause discomfort as they pass through or cause a blockage?

shes ate the orange part and the green top bits left

Ok so just the hessian bits and no plastic/hard bits? Hopefully that should pass through ok, I would still keep a close eye, try and encourage her to drink water and eat lots of hay. If she starts laying in an unusual way (belly pressed to the floor or hunched up) I'd get her to the vets

If it's just hessian I reckon she'll be okay. If it's got a plastic core like some do then I'd be a bit more worried.

Either way, I'd keep an eye on her! Just to make sure she's doing okay!

Last edited:
Ok so just the hessian bits and no plastic/hard bits? Hopefully that should pass through ok, I would still keep a close eye, try and encourage her to drink water and eat lots of hay. If she starts laying in an unusual way (belly pressed to the floor or hunched up) I'd get her to the vets

ok shes always noming so thats easy enough and she drinks regurlar too
is the green part the bad part
because my sister rabbit in the past has ate the orange bit but was fine afterwards

It should be fine, both the orange and green parts are designed to be chewed so shouldn't cause any problems, if there was any plastic or hard materials I'd be more worried

It should be fine, both the orange and green parts are designed to be chewed so shouldn't cause any problems, if there was any plastic or hard materials I'd be more worried

no it seemed fine i just wish she hadnt ate the whole thing tho
i got some of them nibble sticks and she chewed them which was good but she thought the carrot was real :lol:

Back