• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this good? Help please. (update #16)

jeny

Warren Scout
I'm in the kitchen again with Hobbes and Indy.... I think he was just grooming her head.

However that wasn't my question.

He keeps nipping her bum and appears to be trying to bite her belly, she runs off understandably (i hate nipping,) however, she keeps going to him and putting her head under his.

I'm going to sit with them for the next few hours.

There has been no humping (yet). They've had a bit of hay and seem not to mind each other except for the nipping.

Apologies for any typos I'm on the iPad and trying to type fast.

Last edited:
Bit of carpet about 1m sq. There's pics on another thread I out up last night.

No fights just the bum biting. Good job cos all ive got is oven mits.

Bit of carpet about 1m sq. There's pics on another thread I out up last night.

No fights just the bum biting. Good job cos all ive got is oven mits.

Just a bit of fur pulling by the sounds of things.
Perhaps when you feed them,just chuck it in,spread it all over..then they have to forage.
Its all good!!:wave::wave:

Awww..thats really lovely.How long has it been now then?? Looks like you have a good bond there.
My daughter (Jodes) has just bonded a pair.The male has changed so much!! He was a grumpy bun all by himself but since hes been with Nelly,hes a Loveabun!!
Keep going!! Your buns are doing great!!xx

They had 10 mins together on Monday. An hour yesterday and I'll be here til they settle with each other or until about 11 whichever happens first.

It's not ideal but I cannot spend full days doing this. He's a grump bun.

He's grooming himself and she's being super submissive.

They had 10 mins together on Monday. An hour yesterday and I'll be here til they settle with each other or until about 11 whichever happens first.

It's not ideal but I cannot spend full days doing this. He's a grump bun.

He's grooming himself and she's being super submissive.

Wont you spend the night with them?? I took mine to bed.:oops:
I find the 5 day quick method better than the dates.But each to his own, and to match what youre doing.

Ideally I would have preferred to do it when I was off work however I have no time off til sept and I'm going to Ibiza. They are going to stay at someones house hopefully if they can be friends it will be better for them cos theyll have each other and not be separate while I'm away.

Hobbes just lay down next to her with his bum in the air, weirdo.

Ideally I would have preferred to do it when I was off work however I have no time off til sept and I'm going to Ibiza. They are going to stay at someones house hopefully if they can be friends it will be better for them cos theyll have each other and not be separate while I'm away.

Hobbes just lay down next to her with his bum in the air, weirdo.

I would keep them together now they are together.
If they were gonna really fight,they would have done it by now I think.Janice is good on here for bonding advice.Why dont you PM her?? See what her thoughts are???xx

Indy is teeth chattering! I've never heard Hobbes do that it'd be amazing if he does. I'll take the middle bars out of the 2 cages and see how they get on.

Tonight we've had another session in the kitchen after a disastrous dining room attempt. Hobbes kept lunging after Indy and grabbing chunks of fur. She obviously didn't like that and ran away so he chased.

Anyway, they're back to the way they were in the kitchen. She goes to him and puts her head under his, he starts to wash himself.

He's not very interested in the whole thing apart from biting her bum.

They are eating together fine though.

:cry:

Back