• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

head humping....

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
perhaps this should be in 'behaviour'...

but just a thought - if rabbits like having their noses rubbed, could it be that being head humped feels ok to them?

can't imagine why tabitha doesn't object to matthew's attentions...:shock:

:shock: I always find head humping more embarrassing to witness than normal humping. I guess they're just too embarrassed to correct each other :lol:

Lucky does this to Daisy often! :lol::lol: Daisy prefers it to the other way i think!! :lol::lol: Well, she certainly tolerates it more. :shock:

I wonder if it's just near-sightedness on my buns' part.:lol:

I always break them up because I don't want anyone to get bitten in a delicate area. But then they just go right back to it. It's frustrating.:roll:

Sugar does this to Spice sometimes. I always think it must be horrible and usually try to break it up but I'm never sure if I'm doing the right thing. It looks harder for the bunny on the receiving end to run away. We did actually have visitors who happened to see them doing this on one occasion and they thought it was hugely funny

:shock: I always find head humping more embarrassing to witness than normal humping. I guess they're just too embarrassed to correct each other :lol:

I find them doing it the right way more embarassing. When they head hump I can just brush it off 'oh they're just confused!' but when they're doing it properly I just feel totally ashamed :lol: :oops:

Helen xx

You could have a point happybun. :lol::lol: Bubbles usually starts off by grooming Alfie's face and then follows it up with a bit of head humping..... he's usually so relaxed it takes him a while to notice what's going on. :lol::lol:

Well my lionheads won't hump at all. Smudge would like to but Nutmeg always sets him straight, she won't even let him get close when he's in that mood. When Mini does it to Mischa he gets annoyed but he gets annoyed when she does it the right way as well, I think cos she nips and holds on. Mischa rarely head humps, he normally gets it the right way round but doesn't do it much anymore.

Back