• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been to vets today :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Olly's head tilt has been getting worse again over the last couple of weeks, and it seemed to be bothering him this morning so I made an appointment and took him with Honey at 8.45 :( honey was terrified as usual :cry: I HATE taking them to the vets :( Olly was scared today too, he's usually not too bothered. Anyway, I've got baytril to give him, both orally and in his ears twice daily, and panacur, although I've been using panacur anyway to see if it helped.
Both buns had claws clipped while they were there, and the vet looked at Honey's teeth as she has little spurs. He said they look longer and sharper than last time, and to book her in for a dental in the next few weeks before they start to bother her :(
I was hoping she wouldn't need a dental as she's been eating plenty of hay :( I'm gutted. Especially as going to the vets freaks her out, it takes hours for her to calm down afterwards :(

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good visit :(

Hopefully the abx helps with Olly's head tilt and that Honey's teefies aren't going to be so bad that they stop her eating!

I'm sorry, it feels awful taking frightened buns to the vets doesn't it, i know a dental isn't what you wanted to hear but better to know now and take preventative action than for you to have found her in stasis one day i suppose. I hope the meds work for Olly and he's feeling better soon too xx

Poor Buns :cry:

Has Olly had Baytril applied directly into his ear canals before ? I ask because the two Rabbits I have had on this treatment regime both ended up with ulcerated ear canals- ie Baytril Burn in their ears :cry:

Maybe we were just unlucky though :?

Has Olly had Baytril applied directly into his ear canals before ? I ask because the two Rabbits I have had on this treatment regime both ended up with ulcerated ear canals- ie Baytril Burn in their ears :cry:

Oh my god!!! :shock: no he hasn't had it in his ears before :( what do you think I should do then? Just give him the oral dose? :?

Did that happen straight away or after a few doses? I'm really worried now :cry:

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good visit :(

Hopefully the abx helps with Olly's head tilt and that Honey's teefies aren't going to be so bad that they stop her eating!

Thanks. She's certainly not having trouble eating at the moment. Poor bunny :(

I'm sorry, it feels awful taking frightened buns to the vets doesn't it, i know a dental isn't what you wanted to hear but better to know now and take preventative action than for you to have found her in stasis one day i suppose. I hope the meds work for Olly and he's feeling better soon too xx

Thank you, I know it's better to take action before it's obviously bothering her, I just can't bear to see her so terrified :(

Back