• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma! What would you do?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Hello wise RUers I really need some sensible advise.

As some of you may know we are currently living with my MIL while we try to finish off our house purchase. It looks like we are going to be here for 6 weeks.

My dilemma is about Molly and Marble. At home they have a dog crate/puppy pen set up and free range all day, let them out at 9am and put them away at 11pm. At MIL's the house is not at all bunny safe and so far they have only been free ranging for an hour, its just not safe for them.:cry:

Now, my FIL ( they are divorced) has offered to have Molly and Marble until we move. He has a spare room they could use which would be bunny safe and they would get plenty of free range time. The only down side of this plan would be that they wouldnt have me and I wouldnt have them and I would miss them terribly. FIL only lives a few miles away so it would be easy to visit.

Molly and Marble play a big part in helping with my MH problems and right now I am struggling but part of that struggle is the guilt of not being able to do what is best for them.

What would you do?

i would move them to fil as long as you trust him to look after him and after all its only fro 6 weeks you say he lives relativly close so you can pop by and visit each day or every few days. it is probebly whats best for the bunnys xx :) xx

i would move them to fil as long as you trust him to look after him and after all its only fro 6 weeks you say he lives relativly close so you can pop by and visit each day or every few days. it is probebly whats best for the bunnys xx :) xx

I think you are right. I have to put the buns first and I do trust FIL.

Maybe you could go and see them everyday and do their cleaning out etc. Im sure your FIL would appreciate that as he wouldnt have to do it himself, and you would still be spending quality time with them :wave:

FIL sounds quite accommodating. Neither my parents nor my PIL would look after bunnies as houserabbits. And I'm sure he'd appreciate help with all the 'jobs' so you could probably see them every day.

Not knowing the MH situation I don't know if that would be sufficient for you, at my lowest I'm not sure it would have been for me, but only you can know that. And if it's happier for your buns, it might actually be better for you...

I would move them to FIL. Its just a temporary move anyhow and you can still see them often like you said. You can always move them back if you or them aren't happy with the decision.

Back