• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bluebells lump results are back

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
vet just rang me...its not cancer...phewwwwwww

it is odd because of the tether and the fat with long lymph nodes drainage channels.
The lump itself is exactly the same as merlin has in his tummy...necrotic fatty tissue:shock:

she said maybe it was caused by her jabs in june...or trauma at some point.
Well shes not been bitten or scratched...BUT when she came to me we did notice a teeny bit of ear missng halfway down her right ear. So maybe shed been fighting with the other buns and her sisters before going to the rescue.

my moneys on the jab theory:wave:

the lymph nodes are being infiltrated by the necrotic fatty tissue.

phew..i was really convinced itd be cancer....pleasantly surprised!!

masssivveeeee sigh of relief..nose rubs and ahem..toast crust:oops:

shes refusing her metacam..only got last nights dose down her....this morning she was ready to pounce:shock::lol: guess once a day metacam will have to do.
the wound site is raised now and the glues a bit raised..and a bit reddish...mm bunny foot scratch? vet said itd be ok now....its stuck fast literally:shock:

so its a type of lipoma....

infiltrating lipoma......exactly what merlin has in his tummy....now i know why they wont do anything apart from give him pain meds and drips and feeds....and why itd be certain death for him...abdominal surgerys a horrific thing for a bunny.....risk of death from just the shock.

heres a few bits on it.

Infiltrative lipoma is a variant tumor that does not metastasize (spread), but which is known to infiltrate the soft tissues, notably the muscles. It is an invasive, benign tumor composed of fatty tissue, and while it is known mainly for its penetration into muscular tissue, it is also commonly found in the fasciae (the soft tissue component of the connective tissue system), tendons, nerves, blood vessels, salivary glands, lymph nodes, joint capsules, and occasionally the bones. Muscle infiltration is often so extensive that surgery cannot be performed without severe consequences

so theres a chance it will grow back as not all the tissue could be removed..it had infiltrated the lymph glands and channels. But i guess it depends on how fast it grows. If it was the vaccination it would have been growing since june:shock:

Infiltrative lipomas are best treated by aggressive surgical excision. Complete resection of infiltrative lipomas is difficult because the tumor margins are often indistinct and the neoplasm may infiltrate muscles that are essential to normal function. If surgical excision is incomplete, the tumor eventually will recur.Tumor recurrence has been observed in ~50% of patients within 3 to 16 months following attempted surgical excision.

Back