• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would your ideal setup be?

Completely bunny proof garden (bit like a giant aviary so no birds could get in) planted with bunny safe herbs/plants/bushes :love:

I'd have a room of the house with a sofa and stuff in it where they could ruin whatever they wanted and make as much mess as they wanted, connected to an outside shed (probably 8x6, maybe 6x4, it would mainly be for storage), connected to a run, which would be about 40ftx20ft.

Ideal world: ( ie when I have my own house)

Dining room converted into half bunny room, so they would have 6ftx10ft indoors, with a tube/connector/catflap to a shed then run outside. Not sure how practical it would be during the winter though.

Ideal Atm

Would like another kennel to join the other one, the brick shed knocking down and a run putting on its base, so I can see the buns out of the kitchen window on a morning :) :love::love:

Bunny proof house and section of garden, the other section would be a veg patch and greenhouse. :)

Money no object? Well then, erm, a largish converted barn house with another small barn attached which could be converted at the front to look like a continuation of the house, but which could be decked out for the buns on (at least part of) the ground floor and onto which a mesh 'conservatory' could be built as a run for them. Oh, and a walled garden. Always wanted a walled garden. And good for bunny-proofing.

In the meantime - if I had a small windfall. A 5x7 pent shed, with tongue and groove, an opening window and a stable door. Modified to also have an inner mesh door (made with decent galvanised mesh). With a runaround trapdoor, leading to a runaround tunnel through to the garden. And a new wooden run in the garden - which is at least 8x6. And a decently bunnyproofed back garden (no more planks held in place with bricks!) for free-roaming.

I think a massive garden thats made into an aviary and has all the bunny plants and an orchard and a willow tree that has a stream running by and abridge over it...of course all underdug before hand with mesh laid with purpose built burrows next to a corridor which goes undergournd and has access to the burrows....for cleaning out etc. aaah wouldnt it be lovely:love::love::love::love:

I'd just be happy with the one we have just built. A playhouse inside an aviary. The only thing I would change is it would have all 3 buns happily living in it!! :lol:

Cookie & Lola were due to be bonded and go in and then Frankie could be spayed and go in their empty hutches for recovery. Then we'd hopefully bond Frankie to her sisters when her hormones had gone. However Cookie is now battling stasis (although a big improvement overnight!) so the whole thing has to be put off.....again!!

I think a massive garden thats made into an aviary and has all the bunny plants and an orchard and a willow tree that has a stream running by and abridge over it...of course all underdug before hand with mesh laid with purpose built burrows next to a corridor which goes undergournd and has access to the burrows....for cleaning out etc. aaah wouldnt it be lovely:love::love::love::love:

If money was really no object - I would have this. Making sure I had access to the burrows in case I needed to get a rabbit out easily - so the tunnels would need to have an easy side opening thing to them. I'd also have lots of lovely seating areas - bunny sort of height so that you could happily sit with the bunnies (inside and outside) for as long as they/you liked and enjoy the sunshine, or a cuddle, or read a book, or listen to the radio, or watch tv. Plus I'd have this set up x lots and lots and lots so that lots of bunnies could live happy wonderful lives.

So with all these bunnies would also be lots of full time paid bunny lovers (wouldn't that be a fantastic job - to be a well paid bunny lover). Plus the world expert vets (several so always covered over night etc.) for bunnies with on site facilities so that everything needed was there for any bunny being even a little poorly. Plus I'd also have huge fields so that all bunny food could be grown fresh on site, no chemicals, all organic, fresh things all year around. Hmmmmmm day dreaming....

I think I'd like to team up with Duchess (she has a beautiful dream for bunny rescue she once told me about) to combine dreams for loving homes, for rescue, for education etc. That's what I would do if money wasn't a problem.

Completely bunny proofed house with an aviary attached to the back of the house and a catflap in the back door so that Buckley could have the best of both worlds all the time :)

Well we've got the bunny shed and run for playtime outside, but I would love to be able to add on a series of tunnels & extra runs etc. maybe even with a catflap into the house. I would have loved to bunnyproof the whole garden but there are just too many plants that I would have to dig up and Twinkle eats everything he bumps into.:)

Bunny proofed house with full access to every room. (They almost have this now.)
A nice, secure garden with all natural veggies and herbs and stuff buns can eat safely. An area for them to dig and forage. Some sort of rocky area for a bit of climbing (mainly for Obie as he is nick-named "mountain goat"!).
It will happen one day, and that is such a nice thought.

I pretty much have it, they have their own rooms and free range most of the day. The only thing I'd like for them is a nice garden, where they could have some supervised time out. So I just need to save up about 10K for a deposit on a house with a garden and they can have it!:lol:

Something like Honey61's gorgeous bunny accommodation. I can't find the thread now, but it is stunning.

Something like Honey61's gorgeous bunny accommodation. I can't find the thread now, but it is stunning.

ooo I want to see now!

Im quite happy with my bunny accomodation. The only thing I guess would be nice would a totally bunny proof garden which they could free range in all day long and be safe.

Back