• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So annoyed

milly100

Alpha Buck
I am so annoyed with the comments that my ohs sisters has made about the way I keep the rabbits!!! I am so annoyed that I feel like rehoming them all :cry:
At the moment I have 8 rabbits as we had an accidental litter. they all live in a 20 ft by 10 ft shed. I have a bonded pair that have 5ft by 10ft, a group of 4 that have 5ft by 10ft with access to a 6ft by 6ft. I then have a pair of bonded babies in a 6ft by 4ft run till they are neutered. I do admit that they all need their myxi jabs which I am getting done in the next few weeks.
But she says its cruel as according to her they get no human contact even though I spend a least an hr every night and they are so friendly.
they all get food, fresh veg, hay and water everyday.
I could cry as I really try my hardest with them.

why have you suddenly jumped to wanting to rehome them just because of someones opinion? :?
i can tell you now if someone critisised the way i look after bella and jasper, they would get mouthful! (unless it was something i too felt i could do better, in which case as long as they were polite about it i would take it on board and try to improve :) )

is it maybe because you have doubts about the way you are looking after them?? that is in no means a judgement, it just seems like you reacted to this persons opinion quite dramatically. maybe they touched a nerve?

xx

What an awful comment to make. As long as your rabbits are clean, their accommodation is clean, and they have food and water, how can she make comments about your rabbits?!

The size of their accommodation sounds like luxury.:wave:

My rabbits don't get a lot of human contact, they get around half an hour to an hour each day, basically to feed and water them and to move them from their hutch to their run morning and evening, but that's it. As they are bonded together, they don't care that I'm not around all day, they much prefer bunny company.

What an awful comment to make. As long as your rabbits are clean, their accommodation is clean, and they have food and water, how can she make comments about your rabbits?!

The size of their accommodation sounds like luxury.:wave:

My rabbits don't get a lot of human contact, they get around half an hour to an hour each day, basically to feed and water them and to move them from their hutch to their run morning and evening, but that's it. As they are bonded together, they don't care that I'm not around all day, they much prefer bunny company.

This!

I can completely understand how you feel as I had an accidental litter here too, and when that happens, it feels like you are sinking somedays, as you wonder if you ar doing the best for them.

But your set ups sound great, I am planning on bonding more of mine together once the babies are neutered, that way in my mind they will all have more space, and theirfor a better life. I think I would prefer it if a couple of the boys do get rehomed, and allow that bit more space for my other buns, but they have had so many homes fall through I think it is meant to be. so far I have tried not to bond with them, but I think that might be about to change

What's wrong with them having little/no human contact? As long as when you need to make contact with them they don't have a complete scare (e.g. vets etc.) they are doing what is natural to them.

They have food (fresh, hay and biscuits), space, rabbit company. What's the problem? Rabbits are rabbits, they aren't designed or want to be play things for people.

What's wrong with them having little/no human contact? As long as when you need to make contact with them they don't have a complete scare (e.g. vets etc.) they are doing what is natural to them.

They have food (fresh, hay and biscuits), space, rabbit company. What's the problem? Rabbits are rabbits, they aren't designed or want to be play things for people.

exactly. :thumb:

As the others have said, don't feel bad, it's not like any of them live alone in tiny accommodation, they all have a friend to keep them company, and you spend enough time with them to make sure they're not poorly!

Relax, and don't listen to that stupid girl!

x

I have seen Laura,s set up .
The bunnies have a whole garage to themselves.!!
They have loads of room are warm and very well looked after.
She is also always playing the good samaritan taking on bunnies no one else wants.
Just ignore the comments you have the support of all on here.
Pop in soon to see you.:wave:

Back