• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today I almost lost Colin! :(

Lops

Mama Doe
Every morning before work I let the gang out for a run and I sit outside with my brekkie,

The window cleaner came and opened the gate [its round the side of the house...he knows I have bunnies], he didn't shut the gate behind him and Colin dashed out!
I live opposite fields and if he'd have made it over there it would have been 'job done' :upset:

Colin ran in-between my sons and my daughters cars, I stamped my foot, and he then ran under my daughters car!! - I was so worried that he would run towards the road, but he ran out the other side in-between my daughters and our car (there are 3 cars in a row...a bit like a NCP car park!!) So, I stamped my foot again and luckily he ran back in thru the gate *phew*

I felt sick!!

Window cleaner was very apologetic and did try to help me get Col back in....

This is the front garden [minus the cars] with fields opposite where Colin could have ended up!

002.jpg

:shock:goodness..what a fright...bet the window cleaner was scared too...thank goodness Colin ran back in...makes you want a double gate doesnt it...same probs here with my gate...:?

:shock:goodness..what a fright...bet the window cleaner was scared too...thank goodness Colin ran back in...makes you want a double gate doesnt it...same probs here with my gate...:?

Actually there is a double gate :shock:

The first is the one to the driveway and the second is further into the garden, The window cleaner left the first one open and then opened the second one to get 'round the back' with his ladders...so he left two gate open really! :censored:

But like you say, ......thank goodness he ran back in :wave:

Colin can't see what all the fuss is about?!

He thinks it was quite an adventure! :shock::shock:

Photo0299.jpg

It's scary how easy something like this can happen, no matter how much we love our furries and try to be vigilant. Glad all ended well. :wave:

Back