• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had the FRIGHT of my life!

Pipkin01

Warren Scout
OH said is Pipkin alright and started calling his name. Looked over and he was totally flopped out. Looked dead :shock: Grabbed him and he was really floppy, unresponsive. Got him on the sofa and he jumped up wondering what all the fuss was! Think he was just fast asleep :oops: Was about to pick up the phone and call the emergency vet!!

Aww, he must have had the fright of his life too when he woke up :lol:

I think he did! :lol: Wide awake now and eating hay. Feel bad for waking him up but he was just lying there twitching a little bit, think he was dreaming but oh though he was having a fit. I got so panicked, I would rather he didn't sleep quite so deeply!

Jazzy done that to me yesterday. I started jumping up and down shouting her name trying to see if she'd wake up:oops:..she didn't. She only woke up when I had to lift her onto her feet. :shock: Was totally convinced she was gone, she was lying half in her box and half out, so I couldn't really see her breathing :shock:

They really like to scare us, don't they? :lol:

Jazzy done that to me yesterday. I started jumping up and down shouting her name trying to see if she'd wake up:oops:..she didn't. She only woke up when I had to lift her onto her feet. :shock: Was totally convinced she was gone, she was lying half in her box and half out, so I couldn't really see her breathing :shock:

They really like to scare us, don't they? :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one that has that reaction. Felt bad for waking him up I'm sure he was having a lovely nap. He really did look dead! Held his mouth up to my ear and couldn't hear or feel any breathing :shock:

I think we've all been there :oops:. I've been convinced several times that Ted had died (see below for examples) but he's always been snoozing thank goodness :D.

tedplaydead.jpg

playingdead.jpg

:shock::shock::shock:

I'm starting to think that bunnies do it on purpose sometimes - just to wind us up and see/test how much we love them. Adorable, heart stopping rascals. :roll:

I'm sure it was on purpose. He thought it would be funny to lie very still with his eyes tight shut and hold his breath :shock: I was just shocked that he didn't react the minute I picked him up, it took him a good minute to wake up. Just glad I didn't get on the phone to the vets, that would of been embarrasing 'it's ok, he's just woken up!' :oops:

If it was a test to see how much I love him I hope I passed! I'd had a stressful day at work with a very ill cat and seeing my bunny like that was a little bit more than I could handle.... He was very naughty when he was running round the living room late on so think he was getting me back for waking him up :lol:

I hate that feeling! I don't see Max flopped out that much so when I do he tends to get woken up :oops:

Pips flops out quite a lot but usually only for a few seconds as he usually rolls over too much, ends up on his back and panicks! When he flops it's usually stretched out on his side, this time he was on his side with his legs straight down :shock: I'm sure he does it all the time when we're not around, as long as he doesn't do it in in my presence I don't mind :lol: Luckily my other bunny Polar doesn't flop much, she usually just lies on her front with her legs stretched out behind her. So only one bunny to give me a heart attack! :)

Found a picture of when he lay like that before:
P1040383.jpg

I didn't panic as much last time, last night I was not impressed though!

He is so cute, just like Floppy. He has to roll on his back then just completely collapses.:love::love::love:

He's either very cute or very naughty, no in between! He is currently digging up all the carefresh in his crate and kicking it out into the living room, and tearing up the newspaper under the carefresh, his water bowl is full of carefresh, I'm going to change it quickly then leave for work before he gets chance to mess it up again! :lol:

He's either very cute or very naughty, no in between! He is currently digging up all the carefresh in his crate and kicking it out into the living room, and tearing up the newspaper under the carefresh, his water bowl is full of carefresh, I'm going to change it quickly then leave for work before he gets chance to mess it up again! :lol:

Oh dear, boys will be boys!! Just as well we love them so much.:love::love:

Oh dear, boys will be boys!! Just as well we love them so much.:love::love:

Definately! Polar is such a good girl luckily. She just sits and watches Pipkin with a bored look on her face like 'what are you doing this time? :roll:' She does try and join in the naughtiness sometimes but it's a bit half hearted! She'll chew up cardboard but generally she's good.

The other day Pips managed to jump onto the shelf of the tv stand in this tiny little gap. He then wedged him and chewed through the TV cable and another cable that was there :shock: Eventually were able to extract him from the gap and sort out the damage! Only realised he had got in there because firstly it was very quiet and secondly Polar was pacing up and down looked worried in front of where he was. I think she's concerned that he'll cause too much trouble and they'll both get sent away! :lol:

Luckily for them I'm far too soft to do that!

Back