• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In for a dental :(.......Getting home at 4.10 :D .....Given BAYTRIL after dental ???

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Vets at 5.40 tonight. Hope its just a dental fudge needs and nothing worse :( I hate taking her, she gets so scared and hides away all night after :(
I feel like a bad mummy taking her but it has to be done. I just hope to find out the cause of Fudges change in eating habbits and hope things get better!

Fingers crossed for some good luck tonight :roll:

Last edited:
Thanks me and fudge appreciate it :wave:

I think it is just dental time as over the past few weeks she hasnt been as interested in her pellets and only really gets excited about treats, veg and will happily eat her pellets soaked in water and she does better on Loxicom than without and she has been dropping her food the past 2 nights so i think it is a dental. Fingers crossed its not any worse :( I get worried when its vet time :cry:

Fudge had to go in this morning for a dental :(

I hate leaving her there :( Just now im anxiously waiting til 3 to phone and see how she is. Hope she doesnt get kept in over night :( I need her home cause ive been feeling sick all day knowing she isnt safe at home :roll:

Vibes to get her home tonight would be appreciated :)

Fudge had to go in this morning for a dental :(

I hate leaving her there :( Just now im anxiously waiting til 3 to phone and see how she is. Hope she doesnt get kept in over night :( I need her home cause ive been feeling sick all day knowing she isnt safe at home :roll:

Vibes to get her home tonight would be appreciated :)

Aww sending quick recovery vibes for Fudge :wave: I feel exactly the same as you, I think my Honey has to go in for a dental soon, she hasn't had one before but she is petrified of even being shut in the carrier, and that's before we go anywhere :( she shakes for a couple of hours after we get home swell, and breathes very very fast :( I just hate taking her to the vets :( I hope Fudge is ok x

Well she got home yesterday at half 4 and as usual stayed away from me for a good few hours. Ate her pellets but still didnt seem interested in them like usual so i dont think her teeth was causing her changed eating habbits :?
I have a feeling its just her being picky and selective as she only eats the SS pellets and picks at the excel and P@H pellets. She will happily eat a mix no problem and still loves her veg so im not sure whats up :?

One thing though is the vet i got yesterday to look after fudge gave her baytril after her dental?? She never normally gets baytril after a dental.
I wou:?ld expect it if she had ulcers in her mouth but the vet said she had slight spurs with no ulceration at all so im confused as to why she was given an antibiotic and no pain relief??

I was thinking of phoning to ask why as i dont understand the need for an antibiotic after a dental :?

Anyway glad its over and i really hope fudge is just being picky in her old age :roll:

I have occasionally been given baytril after Trav's dentals before. He never usually needs any extra pain relief afterwards as there isn't a "sore site" as such. Once following a dental, Trav developed something that the vet nurse could only compare with gingivitus, so I think they occasionally give me baytril for him in case of this, but most of the time I either don't give it (just take it to replenish my stock!) or specify that I already have some so I don't have to pay for any unnecessary meds.

No sore tongue?? Nothing??? I think I wouldve asked why Baytril and not Metacam....

No, thats why im confused :?

And it wasnt until this morning when i looked at my receipt that i noticed baytril and not metacam! I didnt check at the vets as it came to the same price as it is with metacam so i just thought metacam was given!

She is always given metacam after a dental due to the pain from her jaw cause by the roots of her teeth! I gave her some at home to make sure she was comfortable!

I am going to phone and question tomorrow since i have a half day at work so i have plenty of time! The vet should have explained to me why it was given! I dont like my new vet, want my old one back :(

Back