• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frustrated - Family...

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Remember the Thirsk Auction buns? Especially this one, Tilly...

128.jpg

Well, he went to live with my mum after my younger brothers begging for him. I told them about castration, vacc's etc and hutch size. Mum promised to sort it all.

Now, run wasn't a problem as mum was home all day and bunny proofed the garden so Tilly was allowed to run around the garden (about 40ft by 20ft atleast) of green grass and decking, with Maggie the cat and Oscar the dog to look out for predators (it worked too :p)

But, mum has had to move to back to the old house she shared with my stepdad. Garden is waterlogged and boys have lost interest in bun (surprise, surprise) due to him now becoming nippy and tempermental.

Why is he a narky bun? Because he hasn't been castrated! How many times have I told my mother this? Millions.

So, she rings me up yesterday and asks me to take Tilly back.

I have no where to put him - at all. No funds to get him castrated as my own are being done on a monthly basis (6 left to do) and no friend to put him in with anyway.

I'm at my wits end. I asked her for the whole 2 months Tilly was here, was she sure? She said yes for 2 months.

GAH.

She's struggling with funds atm but said she will get him done before he comes.

The neutering isn't really the problem tbh. Even if his aggression goes, she still wants him gone. Said she's tired of looking after every pet her children gets (which didn't count for me!) and that she hasn't got the money to get him a bigger hutch and run and a friend.

She said she'll castrate him but I still can't have him back long term. I have no room...

I'm just mega peeved. She asked me to find him a new home...

I kept Fiddles and Milly because I couldn't find them new homes. Rescues are overrun... but, hey, try telling some people that!

She's struggling with funds atm but said she will get him done before he comes.

The neutering isn't really the problem tbh. Even if his aggression goes, she still wants him gone. Said she's tired of looking after every pet her children gets (which didn't count for me!) and that she hasn't got the money to get him a bigger hutch and run and a friend.

She said she'll castrate him but I still can't have him back long term. I have no room...

I'm just mega peeved. She asked me to find him a new home...

I kept Fiddles and Milly because I couldn't find them new homes. Rescues are overrun... but, hey, try telling some people that!

Oh, okay. I don't really know what else you can do..but, technically he is hers. So she can't just give him to you like that, if you have no space.

Sorry, I can't really think of any helpful advice :oops: Hope something can be sorted soon xx

awwwww poor tilly......i no u say u cant have him but coudnt u bond him back to the other two that you kept ?

The other two are a bit tricky...

Milly is bonded to my original 5 but that's causing problems at the moment. She's very boistress and is upsetting the structure of things. She's fur pulling and being a bit of a witch tbh... She's next to be spayed though so I'm hoping that calms things down. Those 6 together are in a 10x5ft shed and I'd hate to put anymore in.

Fiddles is going to be bonded with Bramble (the HUGE french lop who was dumped on me not too long ago) and we are currently buying in wood to make them a 5x4ft playhouse with run. There will be no room what so ever for Tilly in there.

That's all the available space I have in my garden... it's teeny tiny.

Then, there's the cost issue. It's costing me £240 per year for vacc (and that's only one myxi and 1 VHD, it's half that again for the top up of myxi as we are high risk here)

It's also £65 per month for insurance for the 8 we have.

So, no one to bond him with, no room and it'll cost a fortune.

I have no choice about taking him back either. He was here first and mum can't keep him much longer. He's in a 5ftx2ft hutch everyday as he's getting no free range anymore because of the garden and his aggression. Mum is trying to give him as much as she can in the house but it's not enough...

poor little guy...he has obviously enjoyed all the space he has had to play in, but is frustrated due to hormones...and would prob adore having a friend...he is very handsome too:love:...Id get your mum to book his neuter asap and get his vacs sorted and then ask if poss RU could advertise him in buns in need section...there is a process. Im not sure what else to suggest apart form possibly bonding him to your 2...however if you cant afford him...then..thats not an option. Im sorry your mum has put you in this position...I hope she doesnt get any more pets for the kids...:?

awwww im sorry hun i was just trying to think of an option for you i would go with the idea of getting him neutered and vaced then seeing if you can post him on here.....he looks such a sweety.....i do remember your original thirsk bunnies post........families eh :shock:

That's so infuriating!! Parents should be aware that THEY have to be responsible for any pets, not the children, as children do lose interest. If the parent then gives the pet away like an unwanted toy it teaches the children that pets can be treated like that :( it makes me mad!! You should say that to your mum!! :wave:

Back