• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny names for bunny things :-)

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
I was just pondering some of the strange phrases that have crept into mine and OH's language when talking about the bunnies and their things :). Here are some I can think of:

Litter tray: we call this a 'poo box' :lol:

When a bunny is flopped, we call them a 'flat bun'

When they make that little happy noise when you stroke them, they are called a 'crunchy bun' :lol:

What are yours? :)

Just that treats are Sweeties.Cant think of anything.:wave:

I call treats 'treaties' :oops:.

We tend to prefix everything with bunny as well, so we've got bunny-bowls, bunny-veg, bunny-gate (stair gate). Feeding time is 'bunny dinner time' or 'bunny breakfast time'. :lol:

When they sit with their front paws tucked underneath we say they're 'ducking' because they sort of looks like ducks (no legs visible).

If they've been digging the ground the dug patch is their 'scrape' and when the sniff things they're 'wiffling'.

Hoverbun - when they look really fluffy and kinda like a hovercraft/tea cosy/bumpercar.
Blop - A bunny flop!
When cleanign their legs we call it 'doing ballet/yoga'

We have:

• Splabbit - when a rabbit goes splat on the group with legs out front and legs out back. :lol:
  • Babbits - name for Adelle and Byron bunnies as a collective.
  • Hoppities - name for Hope, Sterling and Izzy as a collective.
  • Helli ears or radar bun - where a loppy bun has control of both ears and has at least one point in a different direction and angle to the other. :D
  • Bunny nuggets or love nuggets - bunny poo.
  • ear hat - when one bunny has his ear over another bunny or human (thanks to The Duchess for that one)

I probably have masses more but they are the most common one, besides binkies of course.

When they sit with their front paws tucked underneath we say they're 'ducking' because they sort of looks like ducks (no legs visible).

If they've been digging the ground the dug patch is their 'scrape' and when the sniff things they're 'wiffling'.

We call this a 'powder puff'.

We call a dewlap a 'plushie'.

Litter Box - Poopie tray
Flopped Bunny - Flopsicles
Buzzing bunny - Fuzzy Buzzy Bunny Bee
Periscoping - People. When I walk in the room he periscopes so it's always "Oh hello People!"
Pooping from excitement mid-binky- Binky Poopingtons.

And when he is bunny loafed I call him Bread :D

A tucked up chilled bunny is in the "Mother Hen" position.

Our up-eared bunnies (formerly just Twinkle and Star) = Snoops
Our lop-eared bunnies (formerly Fay and Starbuck) = Flumps

A wee anywhere outside of a litter tray is known as a Special, but as its usually done by him, it tends to get called a Muesli Special.

Any begging for treats/food/attention is known as "hustling".

Thats all I can think of for now.

Back