• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a rescue in/near Stratford Upon Avon

Hi there,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to post it.

My house rabbit went missing last year from Coventry. I will be making another thread about this (with pics, details, requesting ideas etc), but in short I am determined to find him - its not too late to keep searching. We no longer live in the area which makes searching more difficult but he must be out there somewhere.

When my bun went missing we put up posters. I had a few responses, but all of them were false leads/not Buster. Except one, which has been playing on my mind a lot recently. Someone had found a rabbit and taken it to a rescue in Stratford Upon Avon. I called the rescue and after a chat it sounded like the rabbit wasn't my Buster, although it did sound similar.

I am really regretting dismissing this lead, and wish I had been to check. I have been trying to find the details of this rescue since, but have had no luck - I was hoping someone on here may have heard of it and be able to pass on their details?

If you think you can help, please please please take the time to post!

Details that I can remember of the rescue:
  • It is in or near Stratford Upon Avon
  • I seem to recall it being called a "sanctuary" for small animals
  • It was run by a husband and wife
  • The lady who rang me to say she had taken the rabbit to a rescue said she had found it on Gumtree

Unfortunately, this is all I know - if you have any suggestions, I would be very grateful. I just want to find my rabbit :(

Thankyou,
Anna

There is a list here of all the ones in warwickshire/west midlands area:

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp

I dont know of a rescue in Stratford Upon Avon itself. There is Jane's Rabbit Rescue in Warwickshire, doesnt appear on that list though so I am not 100% sure how to make contact, and Hopper Haven, a rabbit and guinea pig sanctuary near Redditch, or Fat Fluffs in Solihull, or RNGPWelfare in Rugby.

It must be heartbreaking to lose your rabbit :cry:

Last edited:
Thankyou for responding both of you :)
I tried to reply to your post Hegalush but it never appeared, but thankyou I will look at the list and see if anything rings a bell!

Jane's Rabbit Rescue in Warwickshire is certainly a possibility worth a shot - contact details would be awesome if you have them! Do you know whereabouts in W/shire she is based? Does it sound at all like them?

I know its a long shot, but I need to know my baby is safe :( If he has been rehomed to another family and they are happy together thats wonderful, I wouldn't ask to take him away from a new family - I just have to know.

I have a sanctuary in Warwickshire and have picked up a few rabbits from Stratford Upon Avon as I have a place in a village just outside Stratford

Have you any details of the rabbit?

Hi there Snowy,

Have you had a chance to check out my other thread yet, with details of Buster in it? :)

xx

You might be better PMing Snowy as she's a busy lady, she may not remember to come back to the thread. :wave:

I replied on your other thread by the way :) PM me if I can help with anything.

When I saw your Bunster's pic it immediately made a bunny we have at our rescue spring to mind, but on closer inspection they look different in the face. He's such an amazing bunny it would have been lovely to reunite him because he was found as a stray (He's called Parsnip). I was sorry to see he so clearly wasn't yours (no idea how he would have gotten to us from you, but you just never know how these things happen).

You might be better PMing Snowy as she's a busy lady, she may not remember to come back to the thread. :wave:

I replied on your other thread by the way :) PM me if I can help with anything.

Thankyou Helgalush, I replied to you on the other thread but maybe I'd be better off PMing people ;) I will send Snowy a PM!

When I saw your Bunster's pic it immediately made a bunny we have at our rescue spring to mind, but on closer inspection they look different in the face. He's such an amazing bunny it would have been lovely to reunite him because he was found as a stray (He's called Parsnip). I was sorry to see he so clearly wasn't yours (no idea how he would have gotten to us from you, but you just never know how these things happen).

I know Sky-O, I saw him posted and was soooo tempted to drive straight down to RSPCA martlesham and go see if it is him! We live about ten mins drive away... but I told myself theres no way it can be him :( But the personality sounds so similar :( I believe you work with an old friend of mine there! Sam Boast? We went to primary school together, if she is still there?

I know Sky-O, I saw him posted and was soooo tempted to drive straight down to RSPCA martlesham and go see if it is him! We live about ten mins drive away... but I told myself theres no way it can be him :( But the personality sounds so similar :( I believe you work with an old friend of mine there! Sam Boast? We went to primary school together, if she is still there?

If you want me to find out for sure, and see if he arrived neutered, then I'm more than happy to, although he does look different, to me.

Yup, Sam is awesome and still there :) Like Sam a lot, VERY good at her job :)

Sounds like you're relatively near me as well, so 'hi' from that respect. :wave:

If you want me to find out for sure, and see if he arrived neutered, then I'm more than happy to, although he does look different, to me.

Yup, Sam is awesome and still there :) Like Sam a lot, VERY good at her job :)

Sounds like you're relatively near me as well, so 'hi' from that respect. :wave:

:wave: Hi hi! xD What a small world it is!

If its convenient to ask or easy to find out, that would be good, but I think its unlikely that he would end up near Ipswich...it would be an insanely strange twist of fate!

Sam is great isn't she, when we were kids we would always be "saving" animals together, snails, birds etc..she always wanted to work with animals and so glad she did! Haven't seen her for years!

It's no problem at all to find out. I'll do my best to do so tomorrow. The world is a funny world so you just never know how things work; yes, unlikely, but still worth looking into.

Hi there Snowy,

Have you had a chance to check out my other thread yet, with details of Buster in it? :)

xx

Hi, yes had a look and I am really sorry but I haven't picked up or transported a bunny looking like that at all, it was just a long shot and I am sorry that I can't helpp

It looks like like there may be a glimmer of hope with Julia and Dennis though, will keep everything crossed for you

Good luck

Just to confirm that he wasn't taken in by Hopper Haven either.
I hope you manage to track him down.

Hi, yes had a look and I am really sorry but I haven't picked up or transported a bunny looking like that at all, it was just a long shot and I am sorry that I can't helpp

It looks like like there may be a glimmer of hope with Julia and Dennis though, will keep everything crossed for you

Good luck

Thankyou Snowy, I appreciate you checking :) I am feeling hopeful about Julia and little Dennis, and if that doesn't work out theres always other options to explore:D

Just to confirm that he wasn't taken in by Hopper Haven either.
I hope you manage to track him down.
Thankyou BB Mommy! It was nice of you to look into it :)

Back