• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bowls or Bottles?

100% bowls.

It's a more natural way of drinking.

Lots of bunnies can't get enough water from a bottle to quench their thirst.

Bowl.

The like to go swimming in it mind but they don't argue with it when they want a drink, unlike a bottle lol

Now they are total free range I've got no where to attatch a bottle now anyway.

xx

Bottle Mr Schnaps has always had the bottle

Once his condo is built im going to put a fixed bowl in there for him as im sure as soon as it goes in (unattached) it will be upside down within minutes

Bowls.

Although my outside bunnies also have access to bottles, but they never really drink from them.

I use a bowl, but I own a bottle just encase I need to go travelling with them etc.

They do seem to get poo in their bowl a lot though :roll:

I may give bowls a try then, i use bottles at the moment as i think they stay more hygenic lol, but like you say they dont seem to be able to get enough water out each time .
I just see the bowls getting filled with hay and poo :oops::lol::lol:

I may give bowls a try then, i use bottles at the moment as i think they stay more hygenic lol, but like you say they dont seem to be able to get enough water out each time .
I just see the bowls getting filled with hay and poo :oops::lol::lol:

They do, but as long as you keep on top of it, they stay clean.

B&G's big dog bowl is upstairs in the dog crate. Litter trays and hay are downstairs :thumb: Keeps that one clean. The one downstairs is harder though, as thats in the lounge, but i keep it a good 4ft away from the litter tray, that way, it stays relatively clena.

They do, but as long as you keep on top of it, they stay clean.

B&G's big dog bowl is upstairs in the dog crate. Litter trays and hay are downstairs :thumb: Keeps that one clean. The one downstairs is harder though, as thats in the lounge, but i keep it a good 4ft away from the litter tray, that way, it stays relatively clena.

Ok thanks ,im going to give bowls a go. I presume large ceramic type,like dog bowls:wave:

Ok thanks ,im going to give bowls a go. I presume large ceramic type,like dog bowls:wave:

Yep.

You can get 'rabbit' ones labelled so from, wilkos, etc for like £3 or so. I have a dog one, for £8 which holds ~1L of water.

BOWLS! My buns drink ALOT more from thier bowls and pretty much ignore their bottles...a heavy bowl will not get tipped over:wave:

My buns also have large water bottles...but they hardly use them....I refill them anyway every day...I just like toknow they have water if the bowls get finished or pooped in etc

Bowls. We too have dog ones and they can NOT turn them over. Smudge used to use his as a paddling pool but he stopped that after a couple of weeks. In limited space such as a small hutch they don't work so well, but a bunny shouldn't be in a small hutch anyway ;)

I keep ours as far away from their litter trays as I can and they don't get dirty this way. The odd bit of hay sometimes. They do get some fluff in so I refresh the water every day or so.

Back