• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle loves that little Kong thingy......U/D Pic Posted

basirascal

Mama Doe
I have bought one of those little Kong's (Similar to the one's dogs have but much smaller and specifically for bunnies) It was originally Basil's and he hated it! It sat in his den like an ornament just to be chucked about on bad mood days:lol: However, it's now come into it's own again, Twinkle loves biting it! I'm keeping an eye on it though because although it's really strong I don't want him ingesting :shock::shock:rubber. Has anyone else got one of these?

Last edited:
I've got one lurking about somewhere - Alfie had a thing for rubber when he was little and it helped to stop him eating people's shoes :lol: but then he went off it. :roll:

I wanted to get one of these for Archie and Molly but I was worried they'd eat bits of it, has your rabbit chewed it at all?

ooh I need some of those ( I get bored of an evening :lol:)

Wonder if you can get them anywhere besides P@H?

You could stuff it with chocolate spread and try to lick it out of the middle..... :lol:

I'm sure lots of places do them; if they're not with the small animal bits, look in the dog dept as I'm positive that they're the same as the puppy kongs, just with a different label.

Sorry to be dumb :oops: But what can I put in them? Because wouldn't pellets and pieces of vegetables just fall out?

Posted a picture of Twinkle's kong for those interested:) Sorry the quality is so poor:oops: but I'm sure you get the idea:)
100_1014-Copy.jpg

I am sure lots of pets shops would sell them:)
They are quite small so you can stuff all kinds of veggies in them and bunnies would then have to wrestle with it to get them out:)
TWINKLE has NOT managed to bite any rubber off it yet.:)

Last edited:
You could stuff it with chocolate spread and try to lick it out of the middle..... :lol:

I'm sure lots of places do them; if they're not with the small animal bits, look in the dog dept as I'm positive that they're the same as the puppy kongs, just with a different label.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I actually buy the cat ones which are slightly bigger and pellets fit in nicely! They go daft for it!!:lol: Floppy can fling it amazingly far. I am sure that is why he throws his food bowl every night, to build up neck muscle!

It's great Twinkle is enjoying it.

I've not seen them in our Pets at Home. I don't go in very often, but an odd time I find I have to and do tend to spend ages deciding what to buy.

I bought a Kong today. Julie absolutely loves it. She rolled it for a bit then dicovered that she could pick it up and shake the treats out. It is very funny then she started jumping and doing a little dance with the thing in her mouth and she flings it about. It is wonderful exercise and looks like loads of fun for her. Thanks. It was in the dog section but I bought the small one exactly like the one that you showed. They did have all sizes and shapes though even balls. It is very hard. i don't think that she would bite through it. I might also get a bigger one for hay and herbs. She seems to enjoy it. Thankyou for the info.

Back