• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

virus scam warning

claire**

Warren Scout
not sure best place to post this so please move if necessary.

Just wanted to warn u all... I went to look up VHD info after the confirmed cases and the google search gave me a link to rabbit.org. I opened it and got transferred to an odd page a few times then got a fake virus scan pop up - basicly makes nothing on ur comp work until u buy their scam virus protection.

It might have just been coincidence but be warned not to go on rabbit.org if u are worried. If you do happen to get this problem, its a fake, don't run the scan or buy the software - I can tell u how to get rid of it if needed.

seems both bunny viruses and computer viruses are around at the moment!

not sure best place to post this so please move if necessary.

Just wanted to warn u all... I went to look up VHD info after the confirmed cases and the google search gave me a link to rabbit.org. I opened it and got transferred to an odd page a few times then got a fake virus scan pop up - basicly makes nothing on ur comp work until u buy their scam virus protection.

It might have just been coincidence but be warned not to go on rabbit.org if u are worried. If you do happen to get this problem, its a fake, don't run the scan or buy the software - I can tell u how to get rid of it if needed.

seems both bunny viruses and computer viruses are around at the moment!

I wonder though if the site that you clicked on was the real rabbit.org or a fake one made to trick you. That happens sometimes as the virus sites disguise themselves as random sites. Good to know though to be careful with that site.

Back