• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do you think it would take

Alicia

Mama Doe
for 2 rabbits to eat a 10kg bag of Wagg Optimum and a 5kg bag of litter? I'm just trying to work out costs and things for them, because soon I will be able to buy their food and things online which will be easier but I'm just working out costs and how often I'll have to buy more :)

Also, would it be ok to get a 10kg bag of food or should I get smaller bags and buy them more often?

I would say that the food would last aaaages (My 5kg science selective has lasted about 2.5/3 months and that was with random numbers of rabbits between 2 and 6).

Dont think the litter would last long at all though. What size/how many litter trays do you have and what is the litter you are planning on buying?

The food should last at least 100 days, I would give 25g or less per bunny = 50g per day = 350g per week = 3.5 kg over 100 weeks = 5kg should last approximately 14 weeks.

All litters are different and depending on what they weigh will depend on how long they will last, a bag of megazorb will last you months with 2 rabbits whereas a 5kg bag of wood based cat litter will last a few feeks.

:wave: I would suggest you don't let them eat the bag of litter. ;)

:oops: I've just reread it and realized :lol: I might try and find a place to buy megazorb online because the only shop near me that sells it, only sells really big bags that I wouldn't be able to carry home. I'm so glad I can start buying things online, it means I'll have a lot more money left over to save for vaccinations, and vet bills :)

My 2 rabbits are fed 20g of Science Selective daily, so their 3kg bag lasts them 5 months. If you feed yours roughly 20g daily, then a 10kg bag will last you over a year. Check the best before date will last you that long though, but if it does, its great value.

I use quite a bit of litter, but mine use Megazorb which comes in 80litre bags, and I buy 2 every month. They are roughly £8 each but with p+p added on, which is around £8, then it costs me around £24 per month in litter.

Back