• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could i have some advice please x

amysb86

Alpha Buck
i feel silly for asking this but apart from my new bunneh family i have not had a rabbit since i was very small, and i have got them everything i think they need but would like some advice on anything really obvious that im missing??
here is what i have so far, im on a bit short on funds so have had to watch the pennys :oops::oops:

wicker basket that i fill with hay and treats
a fluffy pop up tube (bargin 2.99 in B&N)
a hay ball that i hide bits of treats in
a fluffy bed
cardboard boxes
blanket
dumbell toys 2 different types
a carpet matt for digging (well thats what i try and tell them)
willow sticks
seagrass ball
wooden chews
balls iv made out of toilet rolls
and a huge very thick cardbaord tube with hidey holes that my OH made from the huge cardboad tubes they have at his work
balls
and treat wise they have basil, parsley, spinach, bits of carrots, oat and dandelion mix, and more hay than they could eat :)

Last edited:
sounds good to me, as long as they have as much hay as they want and the occasional treats, they seam to have plenty to play with, mine have around the same I would have thought and they are really happy bunnies. :wave:

sounds good to me, as long as they have as much hay as they want and the occasional treats, they seam to have plenty to play with, mine have around the same I would have thought and they are really happy bunnies. :wave:
thats good you know when u just get that feeling that ur missing something important lol they do have water and food btw hehehhe

sounds good to me. I do not have half as much knowledge as most on here and i have to say they have been AMAZING in helping me. So anyone who may no more please say if i am wrong...

but i have to say, please watch them with the cardboard box's i thought i was being really good by giving my beautiful bunny belle these, however she is a now ill with gut stasis and one thing my bun savvy vet said it might be down to is letting her chew card board (i really did not know this at the time) :oops: however there are a few other things to as she is now in molt and he thinks this could be it too.

She is doing okay but i did not know this a week ago so thought there is no harm in saying can not be sure though so i hope those with more knowledge will write more xx

You are right. Some bunnies actually eat the cardboard rather than chew it and it can cause blockages. Always better to be safe rather than sorry.

sounds good to me. I do not have half as much knowledge as most on here and i have to say they have been AMAZING in helping me. So anyone who may no more please say if i am wrong...

but i have to say, please watch them with the cardboard box's i thought i was being really good by giving my beautiful bunny belle these, however she is a now ill with gut stasis and one thing my bun savvy vet said it might be down to is letting her chew card board (i really did not know this at the time) :oops: however there are a few other things to as she is now in molt and he thinks this could be it too.

She is doing okay but i did not know this a week ago so thought there is no harm in saying can not be sure though so i hope those with more knowledge will write more xx

mine dont reall eat the cardboard just sit on it play with it etc, but the do eat anything made of seagrass is this ok?

mine dont reall eat the cardboard just sit on it play with it etc, but the do eat anything made of seagrass is this ok?

i have to be honest and say i do not know the answer to this but hope someone will get back to you soon. :bunny: xx

Back