• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H have changed their hay bag

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone seen it? :wave: First thing I thought was that it doesn't exactly stop people thinking rabbits and guinea pigs can live together, but I don't know if I am reading too much into it and being silly. I was thinking of writing a complaint, maybe suggesting they change it.

For those who haven't seen it, the front of the bag now has a rabbit kissing a guinea pig saying 'Goodnight sweetheart' on it. It's cute, and I'm sure its not real, but I still think people may think its OK to keep them housed together.

What does anyone else think? I'll get a pic if you want one.

ETA:
299524_10150751976130643_569000642_20039267_4914266_n.jpg

297011_10150751973000643_569000642_20039236_3185984_n.jpg

Spot the naughty one ^^^ who then ripped the bag open as soon as I took the photo!

Last edited:
I dunno, the P@H stores I've been to specifically state that rabbits and piggies should not be housed together under any circumstances :) It's probably not good if people are already foolish enough to house them together though, it'll serve to reinforce their misguided belief that it's acceptable.

If people take their pet advice from the pictures on a bag of hay then I don't think there's any helping them :lol:

I dunno, the P@H stores I've been to specifically state that rabbits and piggies should not be housed together under any circumstances :) It's probably not good if people are already foolish enough to house them together though, it'll serve to reinforce their misguided belief that it's acceptable.

Oh I know, my local P@H are good too and won't sell a rabbit and a guinea pig together either, of course there is nothing to stop people buying a rabbit one day and a guinea the next day. But I just don't think this helps that!

Having seen the bag I don't mind, as it depicts the animals who should always have hay :) It's more like saying "these are the animals who need hay" and joking around with them talking to each other like with the animals on their playpen boxes :)

Before they only had rabbits on the bag when in fact buns, pigs, chins, and degus all need hay and are all pets sold in P@H. I guess it's better for when people go in and say, buy chinnies (I wish they wouldn't, but it happens) for them to see a chinnie on the hay bag too so they know it's suitable for their new pet.

I dont think anyone would see it and think 'oh they must mean to keep them together' but it works on a subliminal level and reinforces the idea that they can be 'friends'. The 'goodnight' suggests that the animals will be sleeping in the same area, or at least spending time with each other before they go to sleep, whilst 'sweetheart' furthers the 'friend' metaphor.

I dont think anyone would see it and think 'oh they must mean to keep them together' but it works on a subliminal level and reinforces the idea that they can be 'friends'. The 'goodnight' suggests that the animals will be sleeping in the same area, or at least spending time with each other before they go to sleep, whilst 'sweetheart' furthers the 'friend' metaphor.

That's what I mean! I didn't explain it well :oops:

Back