• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Requesting pics of rabbit companionship!

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Well 6 - 5 about the 5 welfare needs and the 6th for neutering and vaccinations.

I need to provide pics too, otherwise it will all be boring.

So if you wouldn't mind me using pics of housing, your rabbits etc then please post them.

P.s. The quality of the picture needs to be good, or can't be used.

Not all pics can be used, but I will try and make sure I use at least one pic per user. :)

ATM, am making the Environment vid, so I'm requesting pics of hutches with attached runs, sheds attached to runs, indoor housing too.

Last edited:
You are welcome to use any pictures I have posted on here if you see anything you like.

I could take a picture of Humphreys giant man plums if it helps :lol::lol:

I must admit I do admire your enthusiasm with these projects :)

001-6.jpg

One of mine

Thank you :)

Has anyone got a pic of a hutch with a run attached

Before I publish it, I will post the text on ru so you can tell me what to take out/add.
But it can't be to long, has to be short sharp and snappy !
But clear enough for the message to sink in and for the message to be educated world wide :)

It might be worth making a list of specific things you need (ie, a hutch/run combo, a hay rack, two bunnies grooming each other) and requesting those photos. :wave:

Thank you :)

Has anyone got a pic of a hutch with a run attached

Before I publish it, I will post the text on ru so you can tell me what to take out/add.
But it can't be to long, has to be short sharp and snappy !
But clear enough for the message to sink in and for the message to be educated world wide :)

You can use these if you want! or any other pics Ive posted;)

Our current setup:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294881

The setup before we made an indoor access area and before we got bun no. 3 - Master Archie.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239961

Last edited:
Here's a list of things I'll need, I'll be thankful if people could provide pics of these:

All pics need to be be in good quality
Rabbit stretching ✓
Just one hutch, or a 2 storey hutch ✓
A shed, with mesh instead of windows. ✓
A litter tray, with or without rabbit using it.
Rabbit toy [All in one pic]
Hutch connected to a permanently attached run✓
Shed attached to a run, clearly needs to be shown.✓

Update:
The first welfare need environment video, is nearly finished, just needs more pics , evidence to support the words.
After all the places where pics need to be are filled, then I'll post the sentences on here, so people can advise what to add or take away.
Then after editing effects and wording, it will be published.

Last edited:
Not sure about the quality of these as they're just from photobucket/facebook which I can access at work :oops:

Rabbit stretching
lola.jpg

elimunch5.jpg

231064_10150238180749363_510329362_8735559_7707490_n.jpg

190165_10150172767894363_510329362_8363911_7310506_n.jpg

A shed, with mesh instead of windows.
in my shed photos you can see one window is mesh, the others are plastic over the mesh. We take off the plastic a panel at a time as it gets warmer, and put it back on as it gets colder.

A litter tray, with or without rabbit using it.
doesn't show the whole tray but here's rambo in her litter tray with the hay rack behind her
ay.jpg

inside of the shed where you can clearly see the hay rack and two litter trays
shed2.jpg

Rabbit toy [All in one pic]
Here's their run with some toys
shed6.jpg

Hutch connected to a permanently attached run
my old hutch (which you may not want if you don't want to promote the coop-style hutches, this setup did meet rspca spec though)
hutchandrun-Copy.jpg

Shed attached to a run, clearly needs to be shown.
shed5.jpg

garden1.jpg

Last edited:
Sequence of video for Environment, is this ok, is there anything that is wrong ?:

Rabbit Welfare

The 5 welfare needs

1. environment

-Rabbits are athletic animals; they need an environment to suit their needs:

-Being able to run, stretch, jump etc.

-As rabbits are prey animals, they get startled very easily; this is why they need a secure shelter where they can retreat from danger [dogs, cats, foxes and other predators]

-Rabbits need a healthy place to live in, something which is properly ventilated, dirt and dust free.
-Not keeping your rabbits housing clean and ventilated can cause health problems.

-Rabbits are intelligent animals, they can be litter trained, so it is important you provide somewhere where your rabbit can go to the toilet.

-Rabbits need to be kept stimulated or they will find many ways to release this excess energy such as biting and destroying their housing.

Outdoor housing:
Provide your rabbit with a hutch measuring 6x2x2 ft with a permanently attached run measuring 8x4x2 ft.
Both minimum measurements are recommended by the RSPCA and RWA [Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund
Remember the bigger the better

-If space and money allows, rabbits can also be housed in a shed attached to a secure run.
-If you have giant rabbits, the above form of housing will be best.

Bumping, it can be all be made today and published.
Just need for others to check if some info is wrong, can be added to or removed.
:wave:

Back