• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you take your buns to the vets together?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Questions:

Do you take your buns to the vets for normal appointments together?

When one bun has to go under GA, do you get the vets to admit the other as well, so they are there when the other wakes up?

And your reasons why please :wave: I would make a poll but looks like theyve been disabled? :?

Yes - always together (unless its an emergency and t'other bun does not want to be caught :roll:).

B&G for example don't do well apart, and its always a comfort for a friend to be there when you wake up :)

For any appts they go together, whoever it is thats going.

yep,yep and yep, but one bun having GA hasnt happened yet!!:shock:
Its for familiar surroundings.To aid recovery.
And to not break the bond.

Not currentlty because they are not bonded. But they did go together (in seperate carriers) 2 weeks ago for their Myxi and VHD.
When they are bonded - yes of course together. :)

yes for routine stuff like injections and claw clippings. - reason i have no choice if i want to look after my buns properly and i probably find it more stressful than the buns so it makes sense to do less trips by taking them together.

no for illness of just one. - reason, it stems back to when i had pearl she used to get super stressed going to the vets so i used to leave her at home when alvin was poorly, then when she got ill i didnt see why alvin needed to get dragged to the vets risking stasis if they didnt need to see him. the bond was totally unaffected by one going away and coming back either later or the next day. Holly and Alvin have been together over a year now so i have no reason to doubt the strength of the bond and should one get ill that bun will go the vets alone.

i do keep them together 24/7 even for a vets visit and one dont need to be seen when its a new bond and im not sure how they will react to separation.

Yes, (in fact I have three going in for their Myxos today but little Herbalicious will be going too just in case being separated breaks the bond (although taking them all breaks my back lol)

Yes - always (unless the 'partner' is particularly stressed about travelling and to take them would do more harm than good).

Yes they go together - jabs, teeth or just general check ups etc..

They were seperated for 3 days when Lavender was in the hospital but we were very lucky that no bond was broken.. Simba greated her with lots of running and binking & then would not let her out his sign for about 5 days.. :love: True Love!

yes, Pat has to go everywhere with Bob, Pat is usually the healthy one :roll: I feel happier that their together snuggled in the carrier than stressed out and split up!

Yes they go together for routine appointments, and they go together if one of them has to stay in for the day.

No, both my buns are terrified of going, Oscar turns into a quivering wreck, literally shaking so much and so I don't bring him when I take Polly. Polly goes all the time for her ears so I wouldn't want to put her through another trip if Oscar needed to go.

For myxi and VHD then they go together.

When Ginger Bun was still with us they woudl always go together. Even whe Pickles didn't need any treatment at all, he was there foor Ginger to look after him. I think it's really, really important that they stay together. Apart from anything else when you bring back a rabbit smelling of vets it can cause fights.

Never had to take Dexter and Marley to the vets since they were bonded, but if they ever need to go then their buddy will be sure to go with them.
Unsure on what my vets would do, if one of them ever had to stay would they keep the other too but I would ask any I'm pretty sure they would allow me to have the two of them there.

As for Cooper and Willow, both of them are single buns.

Yes, always, even if one of my group of five need to go then they all go, gets a bot crowded sometimes:lol:

They both go together when their vaccs are due.

I took Rodge with his previous bonded partner when she went into stasis. The vets had to seperate them to monitor her food intake....she then passed away a few hours later. Rodge was very traumatised after this, I dont think I'd do it again if one was extremely ill.

Back