• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisey went on a hunger strike !!

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Yesterday morning my mum went down to give all the bunnies a treat. All the bunnies took one even maisey. 10 mins later i went out the feed them. First I put Penny and Russell in the run as maisey went in the run first the day before. At the moment the bunnies are taking it in turns in the run becasue i have had to skip one run, I have ordered a new wooden run. It not ideal but the I make sure the bunnies get loads of time in the run each day - its only for a few more days. Anyway so I put Penny and Russell in the run first. Then went eound and gave them all breakfast. Maisey didnt eat her breakfast like she usually does, she just went into her bedroom and sit in a corner. her ears were pricked and alert and he nois ewas twitching right and her ears were big and bright, so she didnt look il atall. 1 hour later she still wouldnt eat, drink or take any treats! So me and my mum tok it in turns to go out every 20 mins to syringe her water and a little mushed up pellets.
I was then browsing the health section of this forum and came across I think it was choemurrays thread on cupcake , someone had posted about getting her to move about so it keeps her moving or something. So I swapped the bunnies round in the run and what did masiey do ....... she was runing around, eating hay, munching on her pellets and getting water from the botte by herself !!
Cheeky mokey must of gone on hunger strike becasue she wasnt in the run first in the morning like she usually is !!!

I thought I should amke it clear again that - they will only be sharing a run for about 3 more days !! And also if she hadnt improverd I would of obvioulsy taken her to the emergancy vets !!! :wave:

Sounds like she may have had a bit of a gassy tummy and putting her in the run to allow her to run around may moved it. I'd keep an eye on her for the next 24hrs just to make sure she's alright

Glad she's better now though! :)

Back