• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I panacur?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

I usually panacur my rabbits once a year after boarding to ensure they are worm-free and EC-free after being near other rabbits. However this year, Molly has been on constant antibiotics and anti-inflammatory for her abscesses on her sore hocks, so I haven't been able to give her any panacur. Its been 4 weeks since they were boarded. Is there any point in panacuring so long after they had any contact with rabbits, or is there still a chance they could have been in contact with EC and they need to be panacured? I don't want to panacur whilst Molly is on meds because I don't know what certain meds will do if it reacts to panacur or visa versa. Whats your opinion?

I know a course of panacur is recommended after boarding your bunny, but if you are concerned I would give your vet a ring to check if it is OK:wave:

Back