• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Wesley has been admitted too/ rocky has gone/ Sleep tight little Wes

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry: I was hoping it was his teeth that was making him quite but they are fine. He is having a full body x-ray and bloods :cry::cry:

Last edited:

I know :cry: He has been quiet for a few days and his poos have been tiny despite eating. He loves his hay so they were still lovely poos just very tiny. Yesterday he started chewing the skirting board which is a sign of discomfort :(
But I would still say he is well in himself, just something is bothering him :?

This vet is excellent, very thorough, so hopefully she will get to the root of the problem and we can get it sorted :)

Absolutely gutted :cry::cry: Bloods showed he is in kidney failure, x-rays showed huge stones in both kidneys :cry::cry:

I had an awful feeling it was his kidneys but was so hoping it was his teeth or leg. My poor beautiful little boy :cry::cry:

Oh dear no! :(
Poor baby! Will he be able to go under and have the stones removed?

Oh dear no! :(
Poor baby! Will he be able to go under and have the stones removed?

No, they are too big and he is so tiny, and in each kidney. Plus the kidney function is too poor anyway :cry::cry::cry:

We just need to try to keep him comfortable as she doesn't think they are causing pain all the time. If he looses hi appertite again he can have vitamin injections. Can't remember if she said B or D, I was trying not to cry :oops: He is drinking loads himself so hydrated so no need for fluids at the moment.

We have an appointment with her in the morning to go over his x-rays in detail etc

Thank you.

His sister died very young of kidney problems so the vet thinks there could well be a genetic problem involved:(

She did say that given all his issues he had done well to cope for as long as he had :)

Back