• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foot Flicking For No Reason

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley has been flicking his feet for no reason recently and I was wondering what it could mean.

I've noticed he seems to flick most when jumping out of his cage base (the roof isn't on it, we just use the bottom bit it as something to contain the mess within!). His most frequented litter tray (changed daily) is in the base of his cage and I was wondering if it was some sort of pretend urine flicking? He's not actually flicking urine but it looks like that sort of physical movement.

There's nothing in there that he doesn't like unless he has suddenly gone off the Hay for Pets ings hay (which would be a right bummer as we have about 17 kilos of the stuff!!!)

I just don't understand what he's trying to tell me. He doesn't seem to be doing it specifically at anything. Help?

I'm not sure really, mine only seem to do it if they've got wet paws and i'm behind them :roll::lol: they can do it when they're annoyed too but can't think what he'd have to be cross about hopping out of his base, maybe like you say its pretend urine flicking?? Hope he's not gone off the hay, isn't it always the way when you've got bags of the stuff in?!

I'm not sure really, mine only seem to do it if they've got wet paws and i'm behind them :roll::lol: they can do it when they're annoyed too but can't think what he'd have to be cross about hopping out of his base, maybe like you say its pretend urine flicking?? Hope he's not gone off the hay, isn't it always the way when you've got bags of the stuff in?!

Mm, it's just very odd because he doesn't seem to be doing it at anything in particular. Maybe he just likes to be a grumpy bum sometimes :lol:

My bunny EB does this too, it depends what mood he's I'n, I'n his case it's usually followed by chewing things he shouldnt. Snuggled with him and a treat soon turn my grumpy bums mood around :D

So he only does it when he jumps? If that's true my bunny does that too and she does it when she's happy and "popcorning"

So he only does it when he jumps? If that's true my bunny does that too and she does it when she's happy and "popcorning"

No, it's when he's getting out of his base. His front feet are on the ground and it's a distinct foot flicking as in "I'm really :censored: off about something" foot flicking. He seems to be doing it less today. Maybe he got out of the wrong side of the litter box yesterday :lol:

Back