• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big THANK YOU to all of you

Andie17

Warren Scout
I'm very new to bunnies and had a continual prob with my little man and his poops even took poop samPle to vets (all ok), I then came across this site thank goodness I did, read through all old posts on feeding and diet and decided my prob might be the burgess junior food. I gradually changed him on to ss junior and within 24 hours perfect poops all in litter tray :)) He eats lots and lots of hay each day and gets so excited for his ss breakfast and tea. He is 13 weeks old and a French lop, he gets an egg cup of ss at both meals is this enough at his age ?? Oh and another thank you re rabbiting on I joined up last night so can't wait for it to arrive :)

Aww that's great to hear! :D
I am so glad you are enjoying RU and the wonderful world of bunnies! :wave:

Fantastic, there is so much to learn from the forum. It's better than many books which don't give so many details about individual problems and it would be extremely rare for you to have a difficulty no one else has encountered.

I'm addicted to the site ! Check it out every night while Mr Hector and I cuddle up ! Any ideas on amount of feed for him please ? Will try upload pics for you all to see x

I'm addicted to the site ! Check it out every night while Mr Hector and I cuddle up ! Any ideas on amount of feed for him please ? Will try upload pics for you all to see x

The usual amount of pellets recommended for an adult is an eggcupful. If you feed more than this, you need to cut down gradually - and fill him up with hay! (80% of diet should be hay).

Being a baby and a French lop he will need a little more than an eggcup. That is recommended for 'normal sized' rabbits (if there can be such a thing) but Frenchies can grow up to 5 or 6kg so I think he'll need a bit more. Judge it yourself on his weight and hay intake. :)

He sounds gorgeous.

Being a baby and a French lop he will need a little more than an eggcup. That is recommended for 'normal sized' rabbits (if there can be such a thing) but Frenchies can grow up to 5 or 6kg so I think he'll need a bit more. Judge it yourself on his weight and hay intake. :)

He sounds gorgeous.

Sorry - that was stupid of me.:oops:

I will increase a bit as he is always hungry even with high intake of hay. I'm on the case of posting a pic trying to use photobucket !!! X

:wave: hiya!! Welcome to RU! I've learnt so much since joining this forum, I'm totally addicted :D can't wait to see pics of your bun, I love lops :D

Back