• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset Benjamin. Poss vibes. Could it be sulking or osmething else?

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
Yesterday I gave Ben a full groom and a bath as he is moulting, and not just a little, but a lot! There's wisps of fur everywhere no matter how much I clean up.

Fine last night, grooming himself after his bath and groom. I made sure he had been dried as much as I could with use of both a special pet towel and low heat hairdryer to move the air around us as I dried him. I stuffed his bedroom full of hay to keep him warm as well.

Ben's had a bath before so I know he's ok with them and getting dried out afterwards.

Even stocked up on blackberry leaves as a treat for him to enjoy after suffering from the cleaning.

Wanted him to be bit happier in himself for Wednesday. Hoped a bath and removig all the loose fur would have improved his temperament which has been a little grumpy last few days when stroked, but fine otherwise.

Todayhe's been fine, hopping about getting nose rubs and accepting treats, till about 2 hours ago, when my OH called me downstairs as was worried about Ben. He'd flopped over against the washing machine and was trembling.
Rushed over and picked him up. Took him in to the lounge where he sat on my knee for a good 45 minutes just enjoying a stroke and hug, breathing at his normal speed, even giving me little teeth crunches of happiness.
Jumeped off my lap and went back into the kitchen and hopped up into his bedroom where he's laid out, breathing a little faster than normal, but maing no sounds of pain or flinching at my touch.

Not sure whats wrong, but plan to keep a very close eye on him for next 24hrs.
Anyone else had this happen or have any idea what's possibly up? He was accepting treats earlier, but now just wants to doze... Kinda worried at the sudden change.

There is no chance that he aspirated any water from his bath yesterday is there ? I would be very concerned about a pneumonia.

No I was very careful. I did wash his face, but kept the water from his nose. Only really washed his body and not his face.

Very worried now... Not had this happen before to any of th bunnies who I've bathed before...

*trembing scared*

Time to check on him. Hope he's ok...

Ben seems much improved now.

I went a took him out of his hutch, wrapped him lightly in a blanket and hugged him against me, to help warm him up, just in case it was a chill.

2hrs and some snoozing (by both of us!) later, Ben decided he was feeling well enough to wiggle about and hop off my knee. He then spent about half an hour or so hopping about the lounge quite happily, drinking half the cat's water too!

He's currently back in the kitchen where he's relaxing in his hutch. Seems much happier in himself, and frisky enough to play chase with me.
Hopefully he'll be ok now.

Back